Chapter 63

Gabriel's POV

Victor held me as I cried. She was holding my stuffie. Maybe she didn't hate me for failing her after all. I'd been so lost, afraid she didn't want me anymore. I about shit my pants when I heard her voice.

Please stop crying m'anam. I...I'm so sorry. My head snapped towards her room. No way in hell I'm not going to her now. I leaned over and kissed Victor.

She talked to me. She heard me crying and talked to me. I have to go. I love you so much! I kissed him again and ran up the stairs. I'm not sure my feet actually touched more than two steps before I was standing in front of her door. I could hear Brandon talking to her softly as I opened the door.

Her eyes were puffy and swollen from crying, the stuffed wolf clutched to her chest. She was sobbing as he tried to comfort her. His eyes met mine when I walked in and he nodded. I crossed the room in just a few strides and wrapped her in my arms. "Shh, shh, my little wolf, please don't cry," I begged, "tell me how to help you, my miracle, my love." I stroked her hair as she cried. I saw Brandon slip out of the room as I began to rock her in my arms and sing softly to her. It was an old Elvis tune my mom used to sing to me when I was younger.

She began to still in my arms, then hiccuped softly. It was such a cute sound that I chuckled. She lifted her eyes to mine, "Do it again," she whispered. I was confused, do what again? "Laugh again, please," she said. "I can't bear for you to be sad anymore. Please m'anam, laugh for me again."

I grinned, "Then you, my little wolf, must give me something to laugh about." She gave me a questioning look, then her eyes went wide as I began to tickle her. Her giggles were pure joy to my ears and made me laugh as well until we were both breathless. I pulled her against my chest as we fell back on the bed. I reached out and touched the stuffed wolf. "So you liked my gift?"

She stroked the fur as if it were a real animal. "I love it, and I love you," she said without looking at me. "I didn't think you would want me anymore."

I took her face in my hand, "I will always want you, Eveleen." I ran my fingers across her lips and slowly leaned down. "When you want me to know, you can open the connection. You don't have to say a word if you don't want to. I'm with you forever, my love," and I closed the distance softly pressing my lips against hers. She hesitated at first, then reached her hand up, tangling her fingers in my hair. I could feel the faint brushes of the connection reaching out for me, but I didn't push. I was content just to feel her lips against mine and hold her in my arms.

I'm not sure how long we had laid there, exchanging soft kisses, but suddenly the air felt heavy and she bolted upright in bed, clutching at her chest. I felt her panic rising as we heard a booming voice from downstairs. Quicker than I could even see, Eveleen ran from the room, stopping at the top of the stairs. When I caught up to her, I heard her saying in a powerful voice, "He most certainly will fucking not accept your gift."