Chapter 6 Opinions

The door of the Hanshi was opened by a scowling Jiang Cheng.

That was nothing new, but Wei Ying was curious because he hadn't even opened his mouth yet. And maybe in the past, his face alone might have warranted that reaction from his easily annoyed brother, but right now Jiang Cheng owed him.

Nevertheless, they walked in and sat down at the little table and watched XiChen pour them some tea.

The soft scent of jasmine wafted over them and Wei Ying relaxed into Lan Zhan's side.

But, there was something different.

The silence descended into a heavy weight of tension that had Wei Ying's gaze narrowing at his brother.

"What's wrong? Something's up." He said, carefully.

Jiang Cheng mimicked him in a snarky higher pitch.

And glared at his cup of tea.

Both Lan Zhan and Wei Ying shifted their gaze onto the only other person in the room.

Lan XiChen stared back, calmly sipping his tea demurely.

"XiChen-Ge? And where's little Li Li?"

"Oh...your brother is upset because I asked him if we could do one of two things." He said, still maintaining a level gaze. "Li Li is with the babysitters. She'll be along shortly."

"So...it's got nothing to do with her." The detective in Wei Ying awoke. He tapped his nose thoughtfully.

"And nothing to do with you, either." Jiang Cheng replied, bitterly.

"I give up." Wei Ying said, at last. "What did you ask him to do?"

"Only tell us if it does not include things of a personal nature." Lan Zhan quickly added. To his husband, he said, "Truth Trap." There was an almost desperate tone.

Wei Ying stared back for a few seconds before he understood what Lan Zhan was getting at. He blushed furiously and turned back towards them.

"Well...if it's that sort of problem...you know...physically...maybe you guys should be talking to the healers? I'm sure Healer Fei must have something to cure you guys, some kind of aphrodisiac to get you in the mood...but Lan Zhan's right, we are so not the right people to talk to about this..." He laughed awkwardly.

"Oh, for Heaven's sake...you little sh-" Jiang Cheng shoved him hard, while XiChen interrupted him, ears redder than a summer's rose.

"It's not that sort of problem..."

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, XiChen-Ge. I'm sure it happens to a lot of people. You just need the right kind of help, and I'm just saying-" Wei Ying continued obliviously.

"Well, DON'T!" Jiang Cheng snapped.

"Look, just because Lan Zhan and I have never suffered from anything like that, it doesn't mean we can't sympathise, right my love?" Wei Ying turned to see Lan Zhan sip from his cup, rather smugly.

"Mn."

"I swear to God-" Jiang Cheng pinched the bridge of his nose, redder than a ripe watermelon.

It was no use. He would have to tell his annoying upstart of a brother what it really was, otherwise he would never live this down.

"He says I snore!" Jiang Cheng shouted.

Wei Ying looked at him blankly.

And then he started laughing.