Chapter 20 Longing

Jiang Cheng waited until everyone had left.

XiChen was about to climb on his sword and fly back, but Jiang Cheng stopped him.

"Is there anything urgent taking you back? Now?" He said, stepping closer.

"Reports." XiChen said, unromantically.

Jiang Cheng reached out and took his wrist.

His finger and thumb curved around to hold it, feeling his pulse thrumming just under the membrane of his skin.

So precious...

"Then," He brought it up to his lips, kissing the spot gently, his lips lingering. "How about we take a detour? Just for tonight?"

XiChen felt his breath stutter, looking into amethyst eyes. He always wondered at the depth of feelings hidden inside his husband, how he was able to keep everything bottled up inside him, and only let it out under the mask of rage. Yet so much love burned here like an endless fire, all-consuming, passionate and alive.

"I love you." He said, simply.

This moment called for that, just a declaration of something they both knew too well. And it was nice hearing it out loud.

"As I love you. But," Jiang Cheng lightly bit down, causing an uncontrollable shudder visible in the other. "I have a surprise for you. If you are willing."

"Always."

His affirmation, always immediate never failed to floor him. No less because of the unfortunate Truth Trap, but perhaps even more meaningful because of it. XiChen would never lie, and still he was saying yes.

"Come with me." Jiang Cheng mounted his sword and grabbed him by the waist.

They flew back to Gusu and Cloud Recesses but didn't actually take the path to the main part.

Jiang Cheng made them veer off and he took XiChen to a clearing out of the way.

"Now, close your eyes." He told his obedient husband.

"What if I don't want to?" Dark honey coloured eyes looked up at him full of expectations.

Jiang Cheng grabbed his chin and smashed their lips together. This fiery need was eating him up alive and he couldn’t wait to take his husband to new heights of passion...but there was something he had to do first.

Ending with a solitary bite on his bottom lip, just begging for more, Jiang Cheng paused, looking at his husband. The pale moonlight cast an ethereal glow about his skin, so much like the jade they were named after. His eyes were bright and hungry, wanting so much more...

"Patience...I promise it won't take long." He whispered.

"Promise?"

"Most definitely." One more kiss because XiChen was irresistible. "Now close your eyes."

XiChen did as he was told. He could hear material shifting and some other mysterious noises. His hand was taken then, and warm lips pressed against his cooling skin.

"Small steps...that's right...what a good boy!" Jiang Cheng praised him, and then gently lowered him to sit down. "You may open your eyes now." He said quietly.

All around them, the hush of the night was enveloping them, keeping them safe.

An errant frog, and the hooting of an owl calling to its mate was the symphony to which XiChen finally opened his eyes, his sharp ears taking in the sound of crickets chirping in the long grasses, the wind whispering magic spells through the rushes.

"Are we in a tent?" He asked, hesitantly.

There was enough light to see and he reached for Jiang Cheng in the semi-darkness.

"Yes, but this is no ordinary tent. I bought it from a merchant selling curiosities in Yunmeng...a long time ago. I had forgotten about it until you said you wanted to sleep under the stars." Jiang Cheng waved the hand with Zidian and the roof of the tent became invisible and completely clear.

XiChen gasped at the beauty of the Universe, the constellations and the galaxies spread out above them like crushed crystal pieces of shining glass. And as XiChen looked closer, he could see different colours shining up above him, a kaleidoscope of greens and reds and shining pinks.

Warm kisses, wet and languid as hot lips pressed against his pulse, the base of his throat and he was encouraged to lie down. Eager fingers were undoing his ties, while Jiang Cheng's mouth was having an adventure.

XiChen couldn't concentrate on anything, not the wildly passionate kisses all over his face, or the scorching skin against his chest.

Jiang Cheng could not wait to kiss his husband. So much time was spent in their individual duties that he felt as if a part of him was missing when he was away from XiChen. This much needed time together was to be savoured like the best wine, and the rarest feast.

He bit down on a bare shoulder, the roundness of the silky skin giving way to his sharp teeth, spurred on by the stuttering moans. His soft skin hidden away under layers of white silk robes was tantalising, mouth-watering and delicious, the best raster in the world.

By day and in his daily life, this man hid away his emotions behind a diplomatic shield, never saying what he felt and catering to the whims of others before his own needs. Diplomacy was a cancer that ate away at his free will, making him bend to the will of others.

But tonight, Jiang Cheng was going to make sure it was all about XiChen. His every wish, every desire laid out like the man himself, and solely concentrate on bringing him nothing but pleasure.

If XiChen wanted to see stars, Jiang Cheng was going to make sure he could see them with his eyes closed tonight.

Tonight was going to be there, and theirs alone.

Unforgettable, undeniable and as close to paradise as he could manage.

********

A/N

Dear Beautiful Readers,

I am humbled by your support! In four weeks we have crossed 4K readership, so thank you very much.

Let's hope for more happy times together.

Cold drinks and ice cream as the temperature hits 40°C here in Great Britain.

Keep cool and spread the love folks,

Charlie.