Chapter 41 Secrecy

Hui Gai appeared outside Wen Ning's home.

The man himself came out immediately with that strange sixth sense he had, and he smiled shyly when he saw who it was.

"Welcome, friend." He bowed.

Hui Gai bowed too.

"I have news. Can you sense PengYou?"

Wen Ning's smile vanished and he concentrated.

"Yes, I can. If anything, it's clearer....stronger." He replied, looking puzzled. "Why? What's wrong?"

Hui Gai explained the situation as quickly as he could.

"I've put a tracker on the cocoon, so if you want to get moving, you should be able to." He added.

"Moving?" Wen Ning understood quickly. "I can. Just as soon as they clear the wards of Cloud Recesses. I'll tell my family and get ready."

"Good man," Hui Gai patted his shoulder. "I knew you'd want to know, and I knew you'd help us. Thank you."

Wen Ning shook his head, and if he could have blushed, he would have.

"It's not necessary to thank me. I would do anything for Young Master Wei. He is my Soul-Brother." He smiled again, and it was full of confidence. "I can run fast since I don't need to breathe. I won't fail you, or him."

"I'm counting on it. I'll need to be with Li XiWang and Rumi the most at this time. SiZhui may need us, but he has Jin Ling and others. I am wondering though..." He switched to speaking through his mind. Can you hear me?

Wen Ning was visibly surprised.

"Yes."

"Good. If we can communicate like this too, it would be an advantage, though I'm not sure how far we have to be. See you later." He gave Wen Ning a talisman to activate the tracker and lead him on his way.

Hui Gai returned to the children.

Here, Wen Ning paused, looking at his flowers. The first plants of spring had just broken through the thin layer of top soil, emerging into the air full of positive beauty. When he returned, what would he see?

Li Hua came out of their home then, Qing-Er on her hips.

"I couldn't help hearing, A-Ning." She came towards him. "I know how important this is for you. I want you to know, you can do whatever you need to and return to us. We will be waiting for you here."

She rose up on her toes to kiss his cheek.

Qing-Er made grabby hands towards him and he took his son from his mother.

"Qing-Er...you have to be the man of the house while I'm away, alright?" He said to the little boy, not even four years old now.

His lips wobbled but Wen Ning was proud that he didn't cry.

"Promise me that you'll listen to your mother. She is a great warrior too, and you will be able to learn a lot from her in the future." He praised, making Li Hua blush.

He kissed his son’s forehead, and then his wife's.

"Safe travels, husband. Come back in haste." She whispered, eyes shining brighter than normal.

He nodded once and then cocked his head, concentrating.

Young Master Wei was on the move, and he had to follow.

**********

JingYi was whispering quickly, looking at SiZhui.

"My babies will take us as far as they can. There's some reason why we can't go all the way...but it's the best I can do for now." He said.

"I'm in." Jin Ling replied immediately, looking at his husband.

SiZhui looked uncertain.

"What's the problem?" JingYi hissed. "It's now or never, while they're all distracted."

Jin Ling snorted.

"What?" JingYi demanded.

"Have you seen the size of your "babies"? How are you going to sneak three massive dragons out of here without anyone noticing?" He scoffed under his breath.

"Watch me, Princess!" JingYi snapped. "So what do you want to do, SiZhui?"

"I'm in two minds. I want to follow them. I feel like I can't watch them go...not like this. But..."

"But?" JingYi tried not to sound impatient but time really was of the essence right now.

"But I'm trying to think of what my fathers would want me to do." He admitted.

"Do that when we come back, would you?" JingYi knew SiZhui was a model child and sometimes he wondered how Wei Qianbei was his father when SiZhui could be such a goody too shoes. "Let's get moving."

Jin Ling didn't wait for SiZhui to decide, instead he grabbed his hand and pulled him along.

Over the past year, Jin Ling had paid more attention to his husband than ever before, so he knew that SiZhui would procrastinate and it would be followed by regret.

If he made SiZhui do this now, they could skip a couple of steps and reach the same conclusion.

No one saw them leave and JingYi led them to the ledge where he normally met up with his babies.

The dragon babies  were already there.

"What? How? They were just over there!" Jin Ling kept his voice down but the shock was there.

"Exactly, Princess..." JingYi replied and turned to his babies.

They consciously kept their voices as low as possible but the enthusiasm was there. Their hoots and squeals were constant as all three babies nuzzled into him, licking JingYi with gusto. JingYi's face was just as red as his babies when they finished their meet and greet.

"Whenever you're ready." Jin Ling said, dryly. "It's not like we're in a rush or anything." His foot was tapping against dry stone.

"I don't think we can leave until the dragon parents do. Are we going to fly above them, JingYi?" SiZhui asked.

"Yes. We cannot follow because they'll see us." He replied, chuckling after an enthusiastic snout tickled his ribs.

"Do they actually know the way?" Jin Ling asked.

JingYi gave him a look.

"What? It's a valid question!" He spread out his hands innocently.

One of the babies growled at him, while the other two seemed to narrow their gazes.

Jin Ling stepped back, alarmed.

"I wouldn't piss off my ride if I was you." JingYi beamed at him.

Now all they had to do was wait.

**********

A/N

I did it!! Second update for today. It was mostly written in the morning but I had to go to work and now I have to catch up on my sleep since last night was so bad.

So Good night/evening/day to all!

Charlie.