Chapter 93 Choices

Hui Gai had raised a legitimate issue.

Wei Ying knew this but he was torn because he wanted to do the right thing...but in this case, what was the right thing to do?

"We don’t have to make an immediate decision." Lan Zhan said, decisively.

He came and stood right next to Wei Ying and held his hand.

Wei Ying nodded slowly.

"We can sleep on it." Lan Zhan told him, but glared at Hui Gai.

He stepped back, palms in front of him in defence. "Hey don’t get me wrong, it's just an observation. Anyway, if you're going back home, we got places to be. I made a promise."

"Wait!" Wei Ying put his hand on Hui Gai's arm. "Can you spare five minutes? I'm sure Li XiWang and Rumi want to see for themselves that you're okay." He pursed his lips refraining from saying anything else but his gaze was on Hui Gai's wound.

"Sure, PengYou. Just having you both back is an immense relief. I'll do anything you say." He beamed at them both, noting that the strength of the glare defrosted by five notches.

Wei Ying squeezed Lan Zhan’s hand pointedly. With his eyes, he glanced in Hui Gai's direction as if saying something through their mental connection.

Lan Zhan pouted.

"You can do it, my love. Go on." Wei Ying encouraged, smiling.

Lan Zhan shuffled forward as if he was being made to do something against his will.

"Thank you for looking after our children while we were away." He said, too quietly.

"And?" Wei Ying prompted, his smile widening.

"And everything else you did." Lan Zhan looked sulky. But he did bow.

"Well done!" Wei Ying crowed.

Lan Zhan looked with purposeful intent at Wei Ying’s lips.

"Later, I promise, my love." Wei Ying side-hugged him.

The pout intensified.

Meanwhile, Hui Gai was having an out-of-body experience. He had already grabbed his tail, pulling on it occasionally because it comforted him. No matter what happened, he thought he would always be a tiny bit nervous talking to the Other One.

"I wish to thank you, too." Wei Ying said, opting to hug Hui Gai instead of formally bowing.

"That's just plain insulting." Hui Gai told him mildly. "You know I would do anything for you both. Him because of you." He added, throwing a smile in Lan Zhan’s direction. He hugged Wei Ying tightly, more so because of their time apart. "Plus I missed this. You owe me so many hugs, PengYou."

"We're back now, so you can collect. With interest." Wei Ying told him enthusiastically. "Now let's go home. See you guys later." He called out to their friends while the four of them teleported back to Cloud Recesses.

"Where d'you think our kids are?" Wei Ying wondered, hesitating on the path where it went into two directions; one towards the Hanshi and the other towards their home.

"Hanshi. Evening time." Lan Zhan said, thinking and looking around them.

"Isn't it funny how time moves differently in different places?" Wei Ying mused rhetorically.

They knocked on the door and a flustered Jiang Cheng opened it.

"I feel like this already happened." He gestured between them.