Bodyguard

PROMPT: Hyun Bin left his three bodyguards with Son Ye-jin given that he was going to be away for a few months due to overseas filming for his upcoming project.

BODYGUARD

It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, the wind was blowing, and the flowers were blooming.

It was just a normal day in Ye-jin's house - she was cooking lunch for Hyun Bin and herself. The clinking of pots, ladles, knives, plates, and chopsticks were heard as she meticulously prepared various dishes. She needed to make sure that all of them tasted good.

She scooped a tablespoon of the soup and tasted it. 'Not bad, Eon-jin,' she thought to herself as she continued to stir the soup.

"Tae-pyung, lunch is ready! Come out and let's eat before it gets cold," she called out to her boyfriend who was working on important documents before he leaves for Jordan in a week.

"I'll be out in a minute, Eon-jin," Bin replied as he fixed the papers scattered around his desk, put the pens back in the holder, and turned off his laptop. He slowly stood up and stretched his body, sore from sitting the whole morning catching up on paperwork.

Following the delicious aroma of the freshly cooked food, footsteps were heard as Bin went to the dining area.

"Hmmm smells good! I know it's going to be delicious too," Bin said as he pulled out the chair for Ye-jin to sit down. He kissed her cheek, "Thanks for preparing these." He sat down as well.

First, he took a sip of the warm soup. The flavours melted into his mouth and he released a satisfied moan. "I will surely miss your cooking while I'm away. Can you cook for me for the remaining days before I leave," he asked cutely, while continuously devouring the other side dishes on the table.

"Of course, love! Eat up," Ye-jin replied with her signature eye smile as she put even more food on Bin's plate, filling it with various dishes she made.

They ate while having a comfortable conversation about anything they could think of.

"Before I forget, I will be leaving you with three of my bodyguards. I need you safe all the time because I won't be here if something happens, which I pray to God nothing will," Bin mentioned.

"There's no need, love. I'm sure the projects I have will provide their own security team during shoots. I'm sure nothing bad will happen," Ye-jin replied and continued eating.

Bin put his utensils down and looked intently at Ye-jin. "As much as it is for your safety, I also need it for my own peace of mind. Please, love, don't fight me on this," he said as he held her hand, rubbing her knuckles to show her what he deeply felt about her safety.

"Besides you wouldn't want me distracted with worry while I'm away filming right? The more mistakes I make, the longer it is for me to get back to you," Bin said as he tried to convince her even more.

'Oh this big baby," Ye-jin thought to herself, smiling.

"Oh stop it with your cheesiness. But... okay then. Just please, tell them not to hover. I only allow my real life Jeong-Hyeok to do the hovering," Ye-jin teasingly said and kissed Bin's cheek.

"I'll miss you, Tae-pyung," Ye-jin pouted while caressing Bin's face.

"I'll miss you too, Eon-jin" Bin kissed her.

They continued to eat and have another conversation. It was really a beautiful day.

~

Two weeks later and Ye-jin had to shoot a CF for a brand which Bin was also working for. In fact, he was one of the factors she considered before taking this offer. She really trusted and valued his opinions on various things in her life nowadays.

"Cut," the clapper sounded, the signal of their short break.

The short break was half an hour, hence, Ye-jin went back to her trailer to rest for a little bit. She decided to message her boyfriend and update him about her day. And well, because she missed him so much.

SYJ: My shoot is almost done. It's going really well. Oh and I am being watched by your three brave yet scary-looking ducklings. Give them a raise will you? HAHAHA

Not even two minutes after Ye-jin sent the message, she already received a reply from Bin.

HB: I'm glad it's going really well. And yes, I will absolutely give them a bonus because they're guarding my precious gift.

Ye-jin blushed from Bin's sweet reply. She decided to have fun and tease him back.

SYJ: I should also be given a bonus since I'm the previous gift, right?

HB: Wait until I get back because I will surely shower you with lots and lots of kisses and cuddles that you'll get tired of me!

SYJ: I will never get tired of you, my big baby! Hurry home! I miss you!

HB: I miss you too, Eon-jin. See you soon.

Ye-jin put down her phone with a bittersweet smile on her face. She felt her heart constrict a little due to how much she missed Bin. Just a few more weeks and you'll see him again, Eon-jin. You got this!

With her motivation set, she went out of her trailer and continued filming her CF.

Ye-jin believed that the better she worked, the faster time passed, and the closer the days came until she got to see Bin and be back in his arms once again.