My Heart is Out There

just a short note, I really don't know what books were used for the "I Love You, Yoon Se-ri" 😅 but let's pretend it's something Se-ri would actually read 🤓

Anyway, just here to say that DOOLY DESERVE ALL THE POSSIBLE HAPPY ENDING OUT THERE. NO MATTER WHAT 💖✨🫶🏼

PROMPT: Yoon Se-ri on a train ride in Switzerland.

MY HEART IS OUT THERE

Yoon Se-ri was walking slowly – taking one step at a time. Clearly, the same representation of how she's doing in life, too. Slow days, slow nights. All because Ri Jeong-hyeok was not with her.

Se-ri missed him every minute of every day. For the past three years.

The hustle and bustle around Se-ri was nothing compared to the complex emotions she was feeling inside. The longing, the missing, the love and affection, the bittersweet happiness. It was a mess, really.

~

Se-ri boarded the train, just like every year she stayed in Switzerland.

Was Se-ri off to sightsee? She's seen them before. And yet, she still appreciated the beauty of it because it held a special place in her heart. This place was their place.

Or was Se-ri there to look for Jeong-hyeok? Always. Just like how he always found her throughout their encounters in their entangled life. She wouldn't give up on finding him, too. She wasn't about to give up on the sole thing keeping her alive – their love for each other. She believed they could defy the odds once again, just like they always did.

'I know we'll find our way back to each other once again,' Se-ri thought.

En route, Se-ri opened a book she brought with her to keep her company during her stay in Switzerland. It was one from the so-called "I Love You" collection Jeong-hyeok left in her apartment before they parted ways against their will.

A dried flower petal from one of the flowers Jeong-hyeok gave Se-ri was her bookmark

A dried flower petal from one of the flowers Jeong-hyeok gave Se-ri was her bookmark. She flipped the page, from where she stopped last night. She saw a note.

Se-ri knew Jeong-hyeok's handwriting so well. She knew he wrote the note for her to find at the right time. She traced the ink on paper, as if her fingers were touching his hands – the same ones who wrote these beautiful words.

"Please remember that no matter where we are, my heart is out there, beating in time with yours. I love you. Always."

Whether Se-ri's in the South, and Jeong-hyeok's in the North, or if they're both in Switzerland, or any other place their nationalities were nothing but an information written on paper, their hearts were always in-sync

Whether Se-ri's in the South, and Jeong-hyeok's in the North, or if they're both in Switzerland, or any other place their nationalities were nothing but an information written on paper, their hearts were always in-sync. They were made for each other.

Se-ri continued reading, with a small smile on her face. These small reminders of Jeong-hyeok always brightened up her somewhat gloomy days.

"Can I sit here? It's full back there."

That was until a man sat in front of Se-ri. Her heart skipped a beat. The same hair. The same style. But it wasn't Jeong-hyeok no matter how much she wished it was him at that particular moment. Her heart sank.

"Sure! Go ahead. No one's occupying that seat anyway," Se-ri smiled at the stranger, and continued escaping reality through the fiction world she's reading.

But Se-ri had to keep going. She had to continue her journey in Switzerland – continue her life journey. Both. That's what Jeong-hyeok would've wanted her to do. And she promised to do so, because that's the least she could do for him so he would worry less.

Se-ri finally arrived at her destination.

There across the glass doors, Se-ri saw a man standing

There across the glass doors, Se-ri saw a man standing. She didn't want to get her hopes up, but as she stepped down and took slow steps once again, her heart beat faster.

The only thoughts running through Se-ri's mind were, 'It can't be him, can it?'

The same hair. The same style. The same dimpled smile. The same spark and electric current flowing between them.

It was him. It was REALLY him. There standing in front of Se-ri, for the first time in the last three years they were miserable and away from each other.

Just a few more steps, and they're back in each other's loving embrace once again. Finally.

"Ri Jeong-hyeok?"

"I miss you, Yoon Se-ri. So much."