Make a Wish

Another fave of mine 💖 I know we all miss travelling 🥲 so let's come with Cha Mi-jo first ✈️ (we're gonna see Robin, too!) 😉

PROMPTCha Mi-jo and Gu Robin met during each of their overseas travels.

MAKE A WISH

Cha Mi-jo loves travelling, may it be just around South Korea or to a different continent altogether. Her last vacation was in Jeju Island. This time, she's visiting Italy! Finally!

Mi-jo's been working so hard at her clinic. From treating VIP clients, to selling new treatment, to giving away free samples of new skincare products – it's time consuming. It's time for her to spend time away from work, and take a very much needed vacation. Her clinic was in the good hands of her sister, Cha Mi-hyun eonnie, and colleague, Kim Seon-woo, anyway. They can handle it. Nothing would go wrong, or at least she hoped there wouldn't be any problems while she was away on vacation.

"The day I come back from Italy, my clinic should be up and running still, okay? Otherwise you won't get your presents from me," Mi-jo threatened her sister and colleagues. "Yeah, yeah. We know. Now, off you go!" Mi-hyun said, pushing her sister toward the elevator. "Don't forget to find yourself a man while you're there," she added, right before the elevator doors closed.

"Let's play golf again when you get back, Dr. Cha! Enjoy your vacation!" Seon-woo added.

Those were the last conversations Mi-jo had before she went to the airport, and boarded the plane that will take her to her Italian getaway.

~

It was Mi-jo's first day in Italy. She checked her desk calendar for the day to see what her itinerary looked like. She planned a lot for her holiday. She wanted to have brunch at a cute café across the hotel she's staying at. She wanted to go sightseeing at the different popular tourist spots. Of course, shopping would always be on any of her travel lists. Both for her family and friends, as well as for herself. Another non-negotiable, she'd have to have at least one golf session. Last, she needed to try authentic Italian food and wine at a fancy restaurant.

Based on Mi-jo's travel research, it's a must to eat authentic Italian food, especially their pizza, pasta, wine, and gelato. Next, FASHION! The fashionista in her was so excited for brands like Bottega Veneta, Prada, Versace, Moschino, Gucci, Fendi, and Miu Miu. Let's not forget VALENTINO! Yes, her wardrobe was 75% Valentino – from clothes, bags, to shoes! But some of the designs and collections of these luxury brands were already out in the European market, but still weren't available in Asia. She needed to get her hands on them immediately!

For Mi-jo, fashion was a huge part of her day-to-day living. A change in wardrobe from time to time really helped set her mood for each day she'd go out and show herself to the world. More than that, as a dermatologist, she always needed to be presentable because confidence and how you carry yourself is part of being in the dermatological field.

~

The café was everything Mi-jo imagined. Aside from the quaint decor, the food was fantastic. She didn't even have to taste it to be able to tell they were delicious. Just by looking at the wide selection of pastries behind the glass counter, her mouth was already watering.

But as a foodie, Mi-jo needed to taste one for herself. She wouldn't miss it for the world. She ordered one shot of espresso to get her through the day, and additional ricotta pancakes for more energy. They're fluffy and moist, topped with strawberries! She let go of her usual ramyeon noodles and iced americano for breakfast because she needed to satisfy her craving for sweets and because she also heard about Italians' thing about espresso shots.