Back Hugs in the Morning

Want a back hug? Have some pancakes instead 🥞 Hugs? Sorry can't relate because I'm still single 🙃

PROMPT: Hug

Dooly's delicious breakfast on one fine relaxing morning.

BACK HUGS IN THE MARKET

The early morning sunshine was peeking through the full glass windows of Jeong-hyeok and Se-ri's bedroom. The golden light casted shadows on Se-ri's beautiful face. She was like an angel peacefully sleeping. No worries and no creases between her eyebrows.

It was a slow Sunday morning which meant that Se-ri could rest and take a breather away from her hectic schedule, especially with the impending opening of Seri's Choice Swiss branch just across town. Jeong-hyeok on the other hand was also away from his orchestra and university duties for the weekend so he decided to let her sleep in and he would be the one to prepare a scrumptious breakfast for their family.

What better way to start the morning with some fluffy golden brown pancakes drizzled with maple syrup topped with whipped cream and some freshly cut fruits on the side. Don't forget the strong morning coffee to get them to start their day with some buzzing energy enough to chase their little balls of sunshine throughout the day. They definitely needed some if they even wanted to stand a chance against their daughters. Or else, they wouldn't even match.

Moreover, Jeong-hyeok has always been the early riser between the two of them. Se-ri was still a night owl despite being together for years. His habit still hasn't rubbed off on her. She'd join him for morning runs from time to time, but today, he'd let her sleep in. God knew she needed her rest.

Jeong-hyeok slowly sat up, brushed a few tendrils of Se-ri's face away from her forehead, leaned closer toward her face, and placed a kiss on her forehead. He smiled, relishing in that moment. She was beautiful all these times and she would always be beautiful in his eyes no matter how much time passed. After a moment of being grateful that his dream fortunately became a reality, he left for the kitchen to prepare the said breakfast.

Once Jeong-hyeok opened the door, a cute little white maltese was already there patiently waiting for whoever would have opened the door first. Before she could even make the slightest noise or worse -- bark and wake up the whole household, he picked their fur baby up and cuddled it. "Good morning, Kitty-ah! Gaja, let's prepare some breakfast for eomma and your dongsaengs." Kitty snuggled his chest and licked his hands.

"Are they still asleep?" Jeong-hyeok muttered as he walked toward their daughters' bedroom. He opened the door to check and take a look inside. Both of the twins were still sound asleep.

Choon-hee was wearing a floral pajama set. She was laying on her back with her long locks spread across her soft pillow. She was embracing her favourite penguin stuffed toy. It was the same stuffed toy the boys got Se-ri for her birthday; last time they were all together in Seoul.

On the other bed, Hwa-young was wearing the same floral pajama set but in a different colour. She was laying on her stomach with her fringe sticking up everywhere. She was also embracing her favourite teddy bear. This time, it was bought by Jeong-hyeok from one of his shopping trips with Se-ri.

Just by looking at the twins, you could definitely see their striking similarities. From their long luscious locks they got from Se-ri, to their dimpled cheeks they most definitely inherited from Jeong-hyeok.

But as you look even closer, their differences are also coming out more and more as they grow up into becoming their own persons. Choon-hee was the more composed and shy one which she probably got from Jeong-hyeok. She also loved playing the piano after sitting beside her appa whenever he played various melodies. Hwa-young on the other hand was the more sensitive and energetic one which she got from Se-ri. She also loved problem solving after seeing her eomma's business papers scattered on her study table.