Stuck

HERE'S ANOTHER JINJIN ONE SHOT FOR Y'ALL JINJIN HOES OUT THERE ft. my (other) fave male lead HAHAHA ✌🏼 happy reading ☔️

PROMPTYoon Jin-ah and Yoo Jin-woo are stuck in an elevator.

STUCK: TIMING IS EVERYTHING

Yoon Jin-ah stretched her arms upward, as well as her aching back. After hours of sitting down and filling up paperwork, and organising reports, she's finally done with her work for the day.

Gathering her things, Jin-ah put them back into her purse. She pushed her chair back, grabbed her coat, and turned off her lamp. She bid goodbye to the other remaining employees, "I'll go ahead. Happy weekend!"

"You won't drink with us?" Lee Ye-eun and Geum Bo-ra asked Jin-ah. She just gave her a smile. The same smile she reserved for him. "I have better things to do," she winked at them. They let out simultaneous grunts. Cringe. They knew it all too well already. "Nevermind. Go find your date."

With a spring on her steps, Jin-ah walked toward the elevator. As she was about to press the arrow down button, a man beat her to it. 'Just great,' she thought to herself.

It was Yoo Jin-woo.

Jin-woo worked in the same office building as Jin-ah. There's a gaming company located a few floors above hers. He worked on the 25th floor, while she was on the 22nd floor. What's he doing on her floor? She didn't want to know anymore. In fact, she didn't want to know any more things connected to him, no matter how tiny the details were. She's done, or so she thought. Because no matter how hard she tried to convince herself not to think about him, he still crossed her mind every now and then. And there's nothing she can do about it.

They entered the elevator. Not so surprisingly, it's just the two of them. It's a bit later after all. Almost everybody's gone to their Friday plans, or gone home.

The universe was making a joke once again, putting these two together in one space.

~

Once the elevator reached the 14th floor, it stopped. The buzzing stopped. Everything stopped.

'No. This can't be happening right now,' Jin-ah thought. She was panicking a little bit. She's stuck with Jin-woo for fuck's sake.

The space was immediately filled with tension. The only thing that could be heard was their breathing. That was when it sank into the both of them that it's just the two of them inside. Stuck together.

'What a timing. Really? Are you fucking kidding me? NOW?" Jin-ah thought as she let out a sigh of frustration.

Jin-ah tried to press the button that would connect them to the operating security office. "Hello? Is anybody there? The elevator stopped on the 14th floor, and we're stuck," she said to the intercom, hoping that someone was on duty.

Someone replied, but it wasn't what Jin-ah wanted to hear. "Good evening, Jin Ah-ssi! We're sorry to tell you that the rescue team won't be arriving within 30 minutes. You'll have to wait."

This time, it was Jin-woo who talked back. "How much time are we talking about? Let's say, estimated 30 minutes of fixing time?"

"One hour minimum, Jin Woo-ssi," the security officer answered. Jin-ah grunted like a little kid. "We'll check in every now and then. We'll rush the men to get here right away. Sorry again."

Jin-ah paced back and forth in the small confined space. She was sweating. She removed her coat and threw it on the floor, along with her bag, clearly frustrated with the situation. She huffed out in annoyance. Jin-woo also removed his blazer. He put it on the floor and sat on top of it. He was always the more relaxed one out of the two of them.