Fake Dates, Real Feelings

~ you know what is is ~ #fakedating trope superior >>>

PROMPT: Yoo Jin-woo and Yoon Jin-ah are in a fake relationship.

FAKE DATES, REAL FEELINGS

Yoo Jin-woo and Yoon Jin-ah have been fake dating for a few months already. It was for their own personal benefits. He'd have a girlfriend to bring to his company events. She'd have a boyfriend to get her parents off her back. Win-win, right?

That was until Jin-ah saw Jin-woo at one of his events with another woman. She wasn't supposed to be there, but she wanted to surprise him. But she was the one who got surprised in the end. There he was laughing with another woman, his hands on the small of her back.

Jin-ah's true emotions got the best of her, which made her act like a true jealous girlfriend. Even if she had no right to do so.

"Jin-woo?" Jin-ah asked, trying her best not to let her voice crack. But her eyes showed everything.

"Jin-ah, what a surprise! Meet – ," Jin-woo said. But before he could even continue introducing the people around, Jin-ah's already out the door.

Jin-ah ran as fast as she could even with a heavy gown and a ridiculous pair of high heels on. "Taxi! TAXI" She shouted at every cab passing by her.

"Ahjussi, to the park near *insert place* please. Thank you." Jin-ah quickly told the taxi driver, wiping the tears that are stubbornly flowing down her blushing cheeks.

It was the same park where Jin-woo and Jin-ah hide away sometimes. Or when they want to take a shortcut to her place. It actually held a lot of memories of them. But it's the only place she could think of at that moment.

'Jin Ah-yah, get a hold of yourself,' Jin-ah told herself as the trees flew past the window. She could only wish everything to be a blur.

~

As expected at night, the park was abandoned and quiet. The leaves were the only rustling she could hear. Cars zoomed from time to time. The sky was filled with clouds so she couldn't see the stars. The moon was the only one above. What a lonely feeling. The same feeling she's harboring then.

Jin-woo knew Jin-ah would be there. He stared at her figure amidst the darkness. In fact, he knew what she felt for him. What she felt for them. He also knew his own feelings, but wasn't brave enough to dive in with her. Instead, he chose to be a fool. He started this arrangement for convenience, not for them to fall in love. But the universe had other plans for the two of them.

"Jin-ah, what you did back there..." Jin-woo tried. "You know what I feel, right? I can't do this with you."

"I know," Jin-ah whispered. Nothing hurts more than knowing the truth, and yet you're being fed with lies. She knew deep down, Jin-woo felt the same. "At least tell me you also feel this." She tried to get it out of him. She just needed to hear it once. But he couldn't even do that for her.

"But I can't do this," Jin-woo didn't argue that he didn't have the same feeling. But he also didn't explicitly say them. He evaded the question because with that, he's also evading his own feelings.

"Well then, this is it. I can't do it, too, Yoo Jin-woo," Jin-ah stood up from the bench she was sitting on. "I hope that when you come to your senses, it's not yet too late." With that, she left Jin-woo.

Jin-woo was the one who hurt Jin-ah with his foolishness and hurtful lies. But why did it feel like his heart was breaking into a tiny million pieces? His heart was shattering at her final words.

'Can I actually do this?" Jin-woo thought to himself as he reminisced about all the beautiful memories they made together. Jin-ah's tiny eye smile, her contagious laugh, but most of all, her loving heart.

Will Jin-woo come to his senses? Or will he be too late?