First Snow and Hot Chocolates

I hope this can put smiles to your faces. We all need some BinJin fluff to lift our moods from time to time 💕 love y'all ✨

PROMPT: Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin sitting on the sofa, drinking hot chocolate, and watching the snow.

FIRST SNOW AND HOT CHOCOLATES

Another year passed, another year started. New year entailed new beginnings and new opportunities.

For Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, the new year meant that they were able to overcome the challenges the past year threw at them - all the rumours and denials, and most especially the long distance they had to do when Bin went to Jordan to film - all of these made their relationship stronger.

As long as they have each other, they know that they are going to be alright.

They promised that they will be stronger for each other and that they will really do their best to maintain the level of stability and trust in their relationship.

Lastly, they promised each other that they will be with each other for a long time. A lifetime perhaps.

~

New year also meant the first snow.

First snow. It was believed that if one confessed to someone or was with someone during the first snowfall, those two people would stay together for a long time. With this belief, the first snow generally put a lot of people in such a good mood and positive energy emanated around.

Just like any other couple out there, Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin also get excited whenever the first snow is about to fall.

"Tae-pyung, I just heard that it will snow tonight," Ye-jin called out from the living room. Bin walked out of the kitchen holding two cups of hot chocolate. "Alright then. Good thing I already made us hot chocolate, with marshmallows for you as requested," he handed the cup to her.

"Omo - you remember," Ye-jin was so delighted at the thought of him remembering these small details about her. Bin's attention to these small details and actions really showed how much and how deeply he loved her.

"I remember everything about you, Eon-jin."

Ye-jin held the cup, warming her freezing hands. She took a sip and smiled. "It tastes really lovely. Thank you, Tae-pyung."

'A perfect drink for a perfect night with the perfect man. What more could I ask for,' Ye-jin thought.

"Can we stay in the garden while waiting for the snow," Ye-jin asked. "Go ahead. I'll just get us a blanket to keep us warm. I don't want you to get sick at the start of the year," Bin replied.

'My good person is really a thoughtful and caring one huh? I'm so lucky,' Ye-jin thought to herself. A beautiful smile brightened up her face.

Ever since Ye-jin got together with Bin, she had that 'in love' glow. When you are in a healthy relationship with a good and suitable partner, it really shows.

Ye-jin opened the sliding doors leading to her garden. Once outside, she was hit by a cold breeze. She closed her eyes and felt the coldness of the evening. Inhale. Exhale.

Ye-jin sat down at the outdoor couch while waiting for Bin. She took another sip of her hot chocolate.

Ye-jin enjoyed these little quiet moments. She enjoyed just feeling her surroundings and let her mind drift away to wherever it wanted to go. She felt at peace.

Bin came out with a thick blanket and wrapped it around him and Ye-jin as they sat beside each other, marvelling at the beauty of the cold evening. She rested her head on his shoulder and he leaned his head on top of hers. He kissed her temple, stared ahead, and enjoyed the moment with his girlfriend.

Silence.

A comfortable silence surrounded the couple and they didn't mind one bit. They were at that point in their relationship wherein sometimes, they just need to sit down and feel each other's presence. No need for words because they already knew what the other was feeling without mentioning a single thing.

~

Half an hour passed and Ye-jin fell asleep, still within Bin's warm embrace. She was comfortable. He kissed her forehead, "Eon-jin, wake up. It's snowing."

Stirring, Ye-jin slowly opened her eyes and looked at the whiteness surrounding her garden. It was indeed beautiful and magical.

Like a little kid, Ye-jin stood up and twirled around, playing under the moonlight with the snow falling. Bin looked at her with all the love his eyes could muster. Laughing, she called out, "Come here, dance with me."

Bin walked toward her. He pulled Ye-jin into his arms and slowly, they swayed together. Dancing without music was not weird as long as you were dancing with the love of your life.

'A perfect night, a perfect dance, and the perfect partner - the love of his life, Son Eon-jin. What more could I ask for," Bin thought.

The world stopped and it was just them inside their own magical bubble. If they could stay in this moment, enjoying each other's presence just like how scenes were preserved in snow globes, they would gladly stay.

However, the only thing they could do was to enjoy the moment and keep the love in their hearts.

"We've spent a lot of first snow falls together already. Maybe the belief was actually true," Ye-jin mused. Bin looked down at her and said, "And I intend to spend a thousand more with you. Always."

With tears threatening to fall from Ye-jin's eyes, she thanked him. She put her hands on Bin's cheeks and caressed them affectionately. They started at each other, drinking each other in.

No matter how long they've been together already, they still look at each other as if it was the first time they've seen each other. This must be true love.

"Thank you, Tae-pyung. Thank you for being such a good person - for being my partner. Thank you for waiting for me patiently. Thank you for respecting me and my wishes. Thank you for caring about me. But most of all, thank you for loving me." Ye-jin's tears finally grazed her cheeks.

Bin wiped her tears just like what he always did whenever she cried. "I should be the one thanking you, Eon-jin. Thank you for being a good partner to me as well. Thank you for giving us a chance. Thank you for always looking out for me and for always supporting me. But like you said, thank you for loving me," he kissed her forehead.

After all was said and done, Ye-jin wrapped her arms around Bin. Their heads leaned closer and they kissed. Just like all the kisses they have shared, this kiss was still magical.

The first snowfall of the year, the beautiful flowers in her garden, the moon, and all the stars were witnesses of this great and epic love story.

Fate and destiny. They have always been on their side. Now, everything was alright.