Photoshopped

#SuitfitCupid Feb. 15

PROMPT C: Seriously? It's like you're photoshopped. - Crazy, Stupid, Love

PHOTOSHOPPED

It was another regular Saturday for Jeong-hyeok and Se-ri. However for the people involved in their music event/cause, it was a big night because they were expecting the couple to make their first public appearance (even though it was pre-recorded) after Se-ri announced to the media about her relationship.

The event will air that night and a lot of local and international fans were anticipating the said couple's appearance.

Jeong-hyeok was the one who physically attended but Se-ri still recorded a video of her opening remarks/speech. Aside from the pandemic protocols, she wanted the attention on Jeong-hyeok's success rather than be a circus over their relationship.

Se-ri loved Jeong-hyeok that much, she was willing to protect him as much as he was willing to protect her. Most of all, she wanted to celebrate his success as much as he celebrated hers.

~~~

They were treating that night as a movie night, but instead of a usual movie, they were watching a music show. What did you expect from a pianist and the CEO music lover, right?

Just like any other movie night, they prepared junk food - popcorn, chips, candies, and sodas - most of which were for Se-ri since Jeong-hyeok was the health buff between the two. He just loved her that much and indulged her on her requests.

The couple sat comfortably on the couch while waiting for the show to officially start. While waiting, Se-ri munched away. "You'll finish the food before the show even starts," Jeong-hyeok said, looking at Se-ri with amusement. He always teased her about her eating habits - the picky princess - but in reality, he loved how much she loved to eat.

Se-ri just shoved some popcorn into Jeong-hyeok's mouth, "Shut up and fetch me more popcorn." Jeong-hyeok shook his head and laughed at her childishness. Before he could stand up, she pulled his arm and gave him a kiss.

"Thank you," Se-ri gave him her infamous eye smile that always melted Jeong-hyeok's heart. Who could blame him? She can commit a crime and no one would suspect her. Her eye smile can fool anyone, most especially him.

As Jeong-hyeok was waiting for the popcorn to pop in the microwave, Se-ri called him. "Yaaa! Pali, pali! The red carpet's about to start."

Ping!

Jeong-hyeok got the popcorn out of the microwave and transferred it into a bowl. He walked back to the living room, bowl in hand and additional junk - sodas.

Se-ri immediately grabbed the bowl from Jeong-hyeok and started munching away.

~~~

As core members of the group holding the event, Jeong-hyeok and Se-ri were already used to dressing up formally during these shows. As we all know, this lifestyle came with makeup, gowns, heels, suits, tuxes, bows, and ties. It also came with sports cars and multiple flashes from cameras. Bottom line: it came with a lot of things.

Se-ri saw tons of musicians and businessmen walking down the red carpet looking all dapper. However, Jeong-hyeok was the ultimate exception. She knew how handsome he was, but seeing him in an all black ensemble has always made and will always make her heart flutter.

"Ya!" Se-ri suddenly shrieked, startling Jeong-hyeok beside her. Se-ri turned and looked at him in disbelief, "Who gave you the permission to look this handsome and gorgeous?"

Babe magnet. God's gift to women.

Jeong-hyeok chuckled. Se-ri kissed him on his cheek, "I'm so lucky you're mine. They can all take pictures, but I get to see this handsome face anytime I want." She said with a proud and smug face as she poked his dimples and squeezed his cheeks.

Se-ri sat comfortably again. "Let's look at what the people think. For sure, your face is already plastered all over the internet once again."

Se-ri grabbed her phone from the side table and opened her Instagram. As usual, she lurked on the app once again. She scrolled through the page and looked at what users were saying about Jeong-hyeok, the main performer for the night.

Suddenly, Se-ri laughed out loud, tears of laughter almost coming out of her pretty eyes. Jeong-hyeok was curious and leaned to take a peek at what she was looking at. Right there was a compilation post of pictures of Jeong-hyeok in formal events wherein he walked the red carpet and posed for pictures alone. He looked stiff, didn't move much, and didn't smile much.

Jeong-hyeok looked photoshopped.

The user who posted pointed out that whenever Jeong-hyeok was alone, he looked like that. However, when he was with Se-ri, that was when he showed his other side - the more relaxed smiley man - which we all knew was because he was in love with the woman posing beside him.

The wonders of being in love.

"You look so stiff in these pictures," Se-ri said as she scrolled and swiped through the pictures. "What are you? A robot?"

"What? It's a formal event. I should look professional," Jeong-hyeok argued back. "But I'll admit, I really feel relaxed when you attend these events with me. "

Se-ri smiled at Jeong-hyeok , "You are so in love with me." It was now Jeong-hyeok's turn to laugh out loud at her claim. He shrugged his shoulders, "I'm not going to argue with that." He kissed her cheek.

"The picture came out great... He took the picture with good details. It shows your broad shoulder line... I like this picture," Se-ri smiled.

Jeong-hyeok smiled shyly. He felt handsome, appreciated, and most of all, he felt special and loved. She was the only one who could make him feel these things, and for that, he was truly grateful.

After a few minutes, the show signaled that it was about to start. Se-ri put down her phone and focused on the screen in front of them. Jeong-hyeok put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to him. She leaned in, welcoming the warmth of her boyfriend.

~~~

Se-ri's Choice funded this cause. She gave her opening speech and Jeong-hyeok was so proud of her but also teased her a bit while watching the video. "You are literally glowing."

As expected by everybody, Jeong-hyeok was indeed a musical genius and everybody was buzzing over his beautifully delivered and spectacular performance. It showed how passionate he was and was able to deliver the emotions of the music.

But most of all, it showed how proud and thankful Jeong-hyeok was that Se-ri made it possible for him to play again.

After hearing Jeong-hyeok's performance, Se-ri couldn't help the tears that fell down her cheeks. Her heart was filled with so much emotions but a huge part of it was - love.

With remnants of tears still threatening to fall down, Se-ri turned her head and looked at Jeong-hyeok, "I love you, Jeong-hyeok." She muttered with utmost sincerity and love. "You deserve all the good things."

Jeong-hyeok kissed Se-ri's head and replied, "I love you too, Se-ri."

The world really did its best for these two souls to meet and find love in each other.

Se-ri finally met her fated man and Jeong-hyeok finally met his life's gift