Bouquets and Cards

#SuitfitCupid Feb. 14

PROMPT C: Valentine's Day is a holiday invented by greeting card companies to make people feel like crap. - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

BOUQUETS AND CARDS

A typical Valentine's Day consisted of flowers, chocolates, candle lit dinners, teddy bears, and cards. Don't forget the hearts and reds all over, too.

Heavy traffic was expected because people rushed to subway stations holding a bunch of bouquets of roses and boxes of chocolates - off to their respective dates for the day.

Some preferred to have fancy dinners because they were an excuse to dress up and look all dolled up. On the other hand, most younger couples preferred to go on cute dates in arcades or theme parks - winning prizes like teddy bears, having their pictures taken in photo booths, and eating street food, cotton candies, ice creams, and a whole lot of other junk food.

As for celebrities and other highly influential people, it was hard to celebrate this day publicly, especially with all the eyes of the public on the lookout for them.

This was why Jeong-hyeok and Se-ri's usual Valentine's was a private dinner whether someplace rented or at each other's apartments. These provided the utmost privacy they need due to their public status.

~~~

By 8:00 in the morning, Se-ri was just preparing her cup of coffee and some fruits and yoghurt to start her day. As she was preparing her breakfast, the doorbell rang.

Se-ri went over to the entrance to see who was at the door. When she opened the door, she was greeted by a beautiful bouquet of sunflowers. She signed the paper for the delivery man and went back inside.

Se-ri placed the sunflowers on top of the kitchen island and read the card to see who it was from. Even though she knew it was from Jeong-hyeok, she still got excited to read what he wrote. In a beautiful handwriting, he wrote:

I went to sleep last night with a smile on my face knowing that I would be your Valentine today.

That sentence alone was already able to bring a big smile to Se-ri's face.

Se-ri took a picture of her sunflowers and posted it on her Instagram with a caption greeting her followers a "Happy Valentine's Day" and wishing them to start the day happily with their loved ones.

Se-ri also sent the picture to Jeong-hyeok.

YSR: I got the sunflowers you sent me. They're so beautiful! Thank you ^.^

After just a few seconds of sending the message, Se-ri's phone rang.

*Hyeoky calling...*

Se-ri answered and was instantly greeted by Jeong-hyeok, "I love you!" She laughed at Jeong-hyeok's sudden words of affection early in the morning.

Se-ri sat down, grabbed her cup of coffee and breakfast bowl, and touched the petals of the sunflowers. "You are so sweet, Hyeoky. Too bad I couldn't pinch your cheeks and poke your dimples right now because you're not here with me." Jeong-hyeok just laughed at her adorable pout.

Sunflowers are cheerful and uplifting. These yellow flowers symbolise the sun, happiness, adoration, and longevity.

"I hope these flowers brighten up your day the way you brighten up mine. Start the day right with a smile and a little bit of heart flutters," Jeong-hyeok replied. "Oh, don't forget, be ready by 7:00pm for our date night."

Se-ri squealed in excitement.

They talked for a few more minutes until Jeong-hyeok ended the call to finish up his work related matters.