Sparklers Under the Stars

fighting 💪🏻 sending hugs to everyone 💕 here's the Dooly family to keep you company today. Hope you like it! 💖

PROMPT: Spark

Ri Jeong-hyeok and Yoon Se-ri's New Year's family celebration in Switzerland.

SPARKLERS UNDER THE STARS

The Ri family's front porch was decorated with lanterns and fairy lights, illuminating the space and creating a warm and inviting ambience. There was a long table in the middle with a flower centerpiece to decorate it and a bench to sit on. There were also other potted plants placed in different corners to make the space more relaxing.

Ri Jeong-hyeok was a bit busy that night, going in and out of their home wearing an apron while bringing out trays and platters of food for their dinner night. If you were wondering why, it was New Year's Eve.

Yoon Se-ri on the other hand sat by the table that was slowly getting filled with the different types of food Jeong-hyeok was serving. From her current (weird) cravings to Ri Choon-hee and Ri Hwa-young's favourite food -- they were all set on top of the table. They had bread, salad, pasta, chicken, cake -- literally a feast! Every time he came out with a new dish, she just kept on grabbing whatever her hands could get on.

Again if you were wondering, yes, Se-ri was five months pregnant. They're not planning on knowing the sex of their baby because they wanted it to be a surprise. But Jeong-hyeok was really hoping for a baby boy because he was greatly outnumbered in their household. With his wife and their twin girls, and don't forget their furbaby -- he really needed a sidekick to help him protect his girls.

Choon-hee and Hwa-young were cuddled on the swing placed at the side of the front porch with tons of fluffy pillows to hug. They were on video call with Se-ri's family. They were chatting their grandparents' ears off but their halabeoji and halmeoni didn't mind one bit. Yoon Jeung-pyeong and Han Jeong-yeon loved their grandchildren to bits! Because now, they have more reasons to spend their money and spoil their cute little grandchildren with toys, clothes, books, and whatever else - you name it! They really had a great bond much like any other grandparent-grandchildren relationship out there.

Kitty sat down beside Se-ri on the bench. When she got pregnant, Kitty immediately became clingy and protective of her. Kitty was always trailing behind her wherever she went, making sure nothing happened to her eomma. Whether it's in the bathroom, the kitchen, or the garden -- Kitty was just a few steps behind her. Kitty was even ready to run and bump, even bite Jeong-hyeok if ever an emergency happens.

Aside from Kitty though, Jeong-hyeok also became overprotective more than he usually did throughout their relationship. He was the one preparing dinner because he didn't want Se-ri to get stressed over preparations or get tired from all the standing up in the kitchen. More so since she got pregnant, she easily got tired and her hormones were all over the place. Not really the best combination in the kitchen if he must say.

Great thing Jeong-hyeok was a great cook so Se-ri didn't complain one bit because she just got to eat to her heart's content. Growing a baby inside her womb wasn't easy at all anyway.

After everything was served on the table, Jeong-hyeok went over to where his children were.

"Appa, come see halabeoji and halmeoni!" Choon-hee pulled Jeong-hyeok for his face to be shown on the screen. "Annyeong, abeonim and eomoni! I hope you're doing well there," he smiled and waved his famous two-handed wave at his in-laws. "We're doing well, adeul. I hope you guys are also doing well over there," Jeong-yeon said to her son-in-law.

They continued to talk for a few more minutes until they ended the call and decided to continue on with their plans for their respective days. "See you soon, halabeoji and halmeoni!" The twins waved goodbye to their grandparents, smiles and dimples painted their faces.

Jeong-hyeok carried Choon-hee and Hwa-young, and placed them on opposite sides of his hips. The girls kissed his cheeks and poked his dimples. They loved doing that as much as their parents loved poking their dimples too. "Ready to eat? I prepared your favourites!"

The girls cheered with their fists raised up! They won! They'll eat really delicious food for the night. "Let's go to eomma before she eats all of them!"

"Yaaah! Are you telling me I eat a lot?" Se-ri threw a small piece of bread at Jeong-hyeok. "Remember, I'm carrying your child," she batted her eyelashes and pouted at her husband.

"It's okay, eomma. You can eat everything for dongsaeng to come out healthy so he can play with us!" Hwa-young told Se-ri. Given her hormones were all over the place, she almost cried with how sweet her little girls were regarding the impending arrival of their baby sibling. Unlike other children who get jealous and worried about new siblings, the twins were really excited because that meant they got to have a new playmate.

There was enough love to go around this family after all.

They started eating everything Jeong-hyeok prepared for their dinner. "Thank you, appa! We will eat a lot!" Choon-hee told him. He ruffled her hair and smiled showing his dimples.

"Eomma! We talked to halaboeji and halmeoni. They said they're going to visit us here soon! We're so excited!" Hwa-young exclaimed, telling Se-ri all about their video call with their grandparents.

After a few more bites, Hwa-young blurted out. "Do we open gifts at midnight?" Se-ri and Jeong-hyeok laughed at their daughter. "No, Hwa-youngie! That's last Christmas! It's New Year already," Choon-hee explained to her twin.

"Oh," Hwa-young blushed and continued munching on her food. Se-ri scooted closer to her and hugged her daughter. "Aigoo, Hwa-youngie! It's okay, you're still cute!"

The family continued eating, laughter and giggles filled the night atmosphere. After eating, Jeong-hyeok stood up and went inside the house to grab something. "It's almost midnight! You know what that means?"

"SPARKLERS!" The twins exclaimed at the same time, clapping their hands with excitement. They've been looking forward to this the whole day!

The twins went over to Se-ri and grabbed each of her hands so they could go over to the vast green grassfield that is their front lawn. Jeong-hyeok taught his girls to assist their eomma whenever they could because it meant that they were also taking care of their future baby sibling being nurtured inside their eomma's belly. "Be careful, eomma!" The girls reminded her as she slowly stood up and waddled. They walked slowly and watched every step she took, making sure she didn't stumble or slip. They were really lovely children and she hoped their next one will be the same too.

Jeong-hyeok came out with the sparklers. He went over to where his beautiful family was. "One for eomma, one for uri Choon Hee-ah, and one for uri Hwa-youngie," Jeong-hyeok handed each of them their sparklers.

The family started their new year's countdown.

"10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

Jeong-hyeok and Se-ri shared their first kiss of the year (which will be followed by a lot more) while their children just ran around chasing each other. Kitty also joined the fun!

"Here's to a new year filled with more happiness and love," Se-ri told Jeong-hyeok as she rubbed her growing belly. "Can't wait for this baby boy to arrive," he said and kissed her one more time. She slipped her arm around his waist and leaned her head on his shoulder.

They stayed there for a moment, taking in how thankful they were for all the blessings that came to them that past year and how grateful they were to be looking ahead to another year about to be filled with more.

"Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one."Brad Paisley