Enough to Make It True

been a while since I wrote smth long? WORD VOMIT's real, sorry ✌🏼😶‍🌫️ the most jumbled I've ever been bc best boi Ri Jeong-hyeok + additional uwu parts yah feel

PROMPTYoon Se-ri and Ri Jeong-hyeok's long distance/complicated/chance/hit or miss relationship.

ENOUGH TO MAKE IT TRUE

Yoon Se-ri and Ri Jeong-hyeok's relationship was more than complicated. It's all sorts of complicated, you can say. Forbidden impossible love at its finest.

They're in a long distance relationship. Se-ri's in Seoul, Jeong-hyeok's in Pyongyang. But when the universe permitted, they got to see each other in Bern or Zürich.

Somehow, by some miracle, Se-ri and Jeong-hyeok were able to make it work and were continuing on making it work. They promised each other a lifetime of love after all.

Se-ri was the woman for Jeong-hyeok, and Jeong-hyeok was the man for Se-ri. They wished it was that simple, because wanting to believe things were easy wasn't enough to make it actually easy.

~

Everytime Se-ri opened the door of her luxurious apartment, she always took a moment to remember Jeong-hyeok's presence – that he was once there living with her. Happy times.

Jeong-hyeok's fingerprint was still registered to that same door, for when the time came that he could finally come home to her. It was wishful thinking, but it was better than to wallow in her own misery.

Whenever Se-ri entered her apartment, she closed her eyes, and imagined hearing Jeong-hyeok's voice. "Welcome home, Se Ri-ah! How was your day? Are you hungry? I prepared your favourite noodles," these were the words Se-ri longed to hear from Jeong-hyeok. She imagined smelling his delicious, intricate cooking. He would greet her by the door, and would give her a kiss on her forehead before enveloping her in his warm embrace that can soothe the day's worries away.

Se-ri hoped that one day, her belief was enough to make things true. She hoped that one day, when she opened the door, Jeong-hyeok would be there standing in front of her, welcoming her back into his arms. "I'm finally home, Yoon Se-ri."

Se-ri longed for that moment, just as much as she longed for every other moment. A kiss, a hug, anything – as long as it was with Jeong-hyeok.

~

Everyday, Se-ri's reminded of Jeong-hyeok's presence in her life.

Whenever Se-ri went to her kitchen, she'd always be reminded of how Jeong-hyeok filled her shelves and cupboards with groceries, enough to feed herself. He even placed it on shelves she'd be able to reach, without the help of anyone taller than her. He knew she preferred being at home in the company of herself. He was always considerate of her comfort and convenience. He really cared for her. He really loved her.

"Se Ri-ah, I put the noodles on the cupboard, and I also organised your fridge. There are bottles of water in there, I also cooked other banchan you might like," Jeong-hyeok once said, while fixing the contents of Se-ri's fridge. She sneaked up behind him and gave him a kiss on his cheek. She felt him smile. It warmed her heart knowing that maybe in another lifetime, (or in the far future) they could freely enjoy each other's company in their own home. It warmed her heart that a simple kiss can warm his heart, just as much as he warmed hers.

As time went by, Se-ri also learned how to cook. Her taking care of herself was her way of comforting Jeong-hyeok, even when they're apart from each other. She'd go to her fridge, which had all sorts of sticky notes attached to it. They were different recipes he wrote for her to follow. Her favourite? It was his noodle broth recipe. He even added a fried chicken recipe for when she craved a chimaek session, she wouldn't have to order out anymore. If not beer, she sometimes paired it with wine even if they weren't really a match. That's just her exquisite taste.