New Year's Kiss

PROMPT: Binjin celebrated New Year's together.

NEW YEAR'S KISS

Son Ye-jin was busy preparing Bin's apartment because her Cinderella group, along with their respective partners were coming over as Bin offered to host their New Year's Eve celebration. They were supposed to have it at her place but Bin's apartment had a better view for the fireworks display. His high rise apartment offered a spectacular view overlooking Seoul.

Bin's place was neat. It really screamed bachelor pad. Given this, Ye-jin decided to add some flowers around the place to make it more inviting for their guests. She added some floral arrangements by the fireplace, the kitchen island, the dining table, and other side tables around the living room.

Bin allowed Ye-jin to decorate his place however she wanted it because he knew how much she loved planning for her friends. And because he loved her. It was just that simple.

They prepared the food themselves. They had meat, beef, chicken, and pasta. However, they also ordered some, just in case the food they prepared weren't enough. Better to be safe than sorry.

Wine bottles were chilling inside the refrigerator. Ye-jin was baking some desserts and they were already inside the oven, while Bin was preparing the charcuterie platter.

They wanted everything to go as planned. They wanted everything to be perfect because it was their first time hosting their friends as a couple about to confirm their relationship to the whole world the following morning.

Ye-jin did some preliminary checks and asked Bin to look out for the desserts in the oven that she was baking. "Bin-ssi, can you watch out for my desserts? I've set the timer, you just have to wait for it to finish. Oh, and finish up the cheese platter and wait for our food delivery to arrive," she playfully went to where Bin was.

Ye-jin was looking forward to the evening ahead and it can be seen with how excited she was. The smile never left her face the whole day!

"I'll start preparing and dress up, okay?" With her behind where Bin was sitting, she put her hands on his arms and kissed his cheeks.

~~~

The desserts were done and were carefully resting on the kitchen island. The charcuterie platter was also done - the various cheeses, biscuits, fruits, and cold cuts look very appetizing. Lastly, the food delivery also arrived and Bin placed them on the trays on the kitchen island as well.

Bin looked around and everything seemed to be in place. He let out a sigh of relief. He can finally take a shower and make himself look presentable.

Bin went to his room, following Ye-jin.

Both Bin and Ye-jin decided to get ready - shower and dress up - separately. Bin used his bedroom while he prepared the guest room for Ye-jin to use. They decided on this arrangement because they both knew that if they shower together, they'll take up more time doing other things... and because Ye-jin wanted to surprise Bin with the dress she chose to wear that night.

Bin peeked in the guest room first to see how Ye-jin was doing. As if sensing his mere presence, Ye-jin looked at the door, "Yaaa! You can't be here, you'll ruin my surprise," Ye-jin pouted. "You have a surprise for me," Bin asked, a bit confused. "But I didn't prepare anything for you, I thought we agreed not to get each other gifts."

"Don't worry, it's nothing grand. I just wanted to surprise you with what I'd wear tonight," Ye-jin said, continuing fixing her hair and putting on her makeup. Bin understood, and a big smile graced his face, showing off his dimples. "You'll look beautiful no matter what you wear, but now, I'm really excited because you told me you wanted to surprise me. Looking forward to it, Eon Jin-ah! I'll leave you to it."