Date Nights and Drunken Dances

PROMPT: Ye-jin was tipsy during their date night at home and started dancing as carefree as she could and Bin was just staring at her, adoring his beautiful and funny girlfriend.

DATE NIGHTS & DRUNKEN DANCES

Hyun Bin already started filming for Confidential Assignment 2. He was about to get busy, that was why he took all the time he could get so that he could spend it with Son Ye-jin. They always see to it that their schedules were coordinated. It was one of their ways to tend and nurture their relationship.

Tonight was one of Bin's days off from filming so they planned to have a date night at home. Nothing fancy - just eating junk food and drinking beer because eating was one of Ye-jin's favourite things to do while his way of relaxing was enjoying a beer or two.

What can we say, the two were willing to indulge each other's wishes. Again, they were whipped for each other anyway.

~

It was a cold winter night - perfect for relaxing and enjoying the night with beers in their hands. The alcohol made them warm and fuzzy inside.

The couple sat on the couch and talked about their upcoming work engagements - from various CFs to luxury brand photoshoots.

"Bin-ssi, stay safe while filming, araso? If you cannot do some stunts, please don't force yourself and ask the team to give you a stunt double instead," Ye-jin said, a bit worried for her boyfriend.

Ye-jin knew it was part of their jobs but she was also his girlfriend. It was only natural for her to worry about Bin. It didn't help that he was so passionate about the authenticity of the shots that he always gives his all as long as he can, even if it can be dangerous. But now, he had to think of her whenever he made decisions. He cannot be reckless and impulsive anymore because he knew that she was always waiting for him to come home.

"Before I forget, I also saw posts of food trucks sent to your set. Wait for mine to arrive and guess which one it is," Ye-jin said excitedly. Bin just laughed at his girlfriend's antics as usual. "Are you going to put something embarrassing? If you do, I won't eat or drink anything from it," he replied. She pouted. Bin was never able to resist that pout so he kissed her pout away. "Kidding, love. You know I appreciate anything you give me."

"How about you, what are you up to," Bin asked Ye-jin. He leaned back, put an arm behind her, and brought her closer to him. She snuggled into his warm, cuddly, and well-built body. It was her favourite place - within the warmth of his embrace. She took a sip of her beer. "I'm actually looking at some scripts that my manager sent me. I thought it's the best course of action while waiting for Cross production to start. But I'm still doing my English lessons."

"Anything interesting," Bin asked. "Nothing yet. But I'm really looking forward to being able to act again," Ye-jin replied. He nodded. "Don't hesitate to ask me if you want to practise lines, araso? I'll try my best to make time to help you."

And that was why they were the best for each other.

They continued talking about work, some of their future plans, and anything they could think of honestly. It was what they were best at. Communicating.

~

A few more minutes in and their background music changed from relaxing to something electric - something you can dance to... Naega Jeil Jal Naga. Bin and Ye-jin looked at each other and laughed out loud. With just the meeting of their eyes, they already knew what each other was thinking - that exact scene of Jin-ah dancing in Something in the Rain.

Ye-jin was already tipsy. She stood up, walked to the middle of the living room, and started to sway her hips to the beat of the music. She cannot listen to the song without dancing to it. It has already become a habit of hers. She turned around, raised her hands, ruffled her hair a bit, jumped a little, and sip some more beer. She did all these things while smiling perhaps one of her widest smiles, which made her iconic eye smile make an appearance as well. She was in the zone and was 100% carefree.

Bin crossed his arms across his chest, leaned back, took a sip of his almost finished beer, and just enjoyed the view of his girlfriend dancing as if no one's watching. It was just Ye-jin, her beer, and the music. He always thought of how lucky he was. He was the only one who still gets to see this side of her, aside from those who watched her previous drama. He took out his phone from his pocket and started taking a video of her dancing.

It was Bin's way of keeping their fun memories so they could look back at them someday. Through these videos, they will be able to look at the moments they spent together which helped them build a strong relationship. From serious to hilarious - they were all part of their love story.

Ye-jin saw Bin taking a video. She walked towards him all the while staring at the camera of his phone. She made tons of cute, adorable, and funny faces to humour him some more. He laughed out loud at her playfulness. They also took tons of selcas which we all know will never see the light of day.

Ye-jin then pulled him up from the couch where they were sitting on and dragged him to the center of the living room - their makeshift dance floor for the remainder of the night.

Ye-jin grabbed Bin's arms and started moving them. She tried her best to make him dance. He tried his best to dance with her. Mina on the other hand was busy running around the couple, feeling the playful energy surrounding their home.

Bin cannot follow the steps Ye-jin was dancing. So he just started following her footsteps and swayed side to side. The best he could do was twirl her around and always be ready to catch her in case she tripped due to her energy and tipsiness. He was just that attentive and careful when it came to her. The song ended and another song came up - something slower and more mellow. He pulled her into his embrace with his arms around her waist. Her arms were around his neck while her chin was resting on his chest. She lazily looked up at him.

"Are you having fun," Bin asked Ye-jin as he met her gaze. She smiled shyly but it was such a genuine smile. "I am," she replied. He caressed the side of her face and put some of her hair strands at the back of her ear which were blocking her face after her night of dancing.

Bin gave Ye-jin a lingering kiss on her forehead. The couple continued swaying to the tune of the music while basking under the moonlight.

In each other's arms, they always felt secured, safe, comfortable, but most of all, they felt loved. The type of love for each other that no amount of words can encapsulate the entirety of it.