Another First Snow with You

BINJIN PREGNANT 😭😭😭 Congrats, Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin! You're gonna be future eomma and appa already 🥹

it's why I was itching to write Dooly HAHA almost forgot the names I used before 😶‍🌫️ she broke the internet and announced good news 💌❤️

PROMPT#Dooly first snow (too many first snows)

ANOTHER FIRST WITH YOU

Yoon Se-ri was once again in her garden. She was arranging her winter flowers. Her plants needed extra care during the winter season after all so they can survive the gruelling cold weather.

Strong like their owner. Strong like Se-ri.

But no matter how strong and independent Se-ri was, Ri Jeong-hyeok would never get tired of taking care of her.

Jeong-hyeok came out to bring Se-ri her padded jacket, and an additional thick blanket to cover her from the harsh winter cold winds. Sometimes, would forget the simplest of things, especially when it came to taking care of herself – her health. That's why he was always there to make sure she's taken care of.

"Se Ri-ah, you always forget," Jeong-hyeok reminded Se-ri, referring to her winter coat to keep her warm. He hugged her from behind, his lean arms wrapped around her soft, delicate figure. "But you're always there to keep me warm anyway."

Jeong-hyeok chuckled at Se-ri's antics. She never failed to make him laugh with her remarks. Even after years of marriage, she can still surprise him.

Another surprise? It's the first snow of the year in Switzerland.

"Look! It's snowing," Se-ri's excitement was clear in her voice. Deep down, she was still a young sweetheart, appreciating the smallest of things. Happiness.

Every first snowfall was special for Se-ri and Jeong-hyeok. Regardless of how many first snows they celebrated with each other, it would always be special, especially the ones in Switzerland because that was the place where they first met, too.

"It's our eleventh time spending the first snow together," Se-ri said wistfully. "I didn't know you kept count," Jeong-hyeok replied. "Someday, we will lose count. But it won't matter as long as we're still together every single time."

They were each other's firsts. First true meaningful kiss, first true committed relationship, first true love. It was each other. Se-ri was the one for Jeong-hyeok, and he was the one for her.

"I love you, Se Ri-ah," Jeong-hyeok started. "All I want is to make you as happy as you make me, because with all the hardships we went through, I still can't believe that we're finally at this point in our love story. We finally arrived at our desired destination – in each other's loving presence." Se-ri was tearing up, remembering the similarity of the words he just uttered to the ones she told him years ago back in the North.

"I want to continue seeing your first smile of the day when you wake up, and the last one before you go to sleep. I want to continue sharing my fears and my hopes and dreams with you. I want to continue building a better life with you," Jeong-hyeok said sincerely.

"I love you, too, Ri Jeong-hyeok," was the only thing Se-ri could reply.

They shared a few more moments in each other's arms, until their children started screaming and running outside. They were also excited for the first snow of the year, because they get to play with their parents and siblings.

But more than that, Se-ri and Jeong-hyeok's children have their own love for snow because years ago, they were told about their parents' love story, and the significance of the first snow in the said story.

"Eomma! Appa! It's the first snow of the year," Ri Choon-hee, one of the twins said excitedly. "Come on, let's play," Ri Hwa-young added. The twins started building each of their snowmen, and were preparing for the snowball fight. Just the way they liked it.

Ri Kwang-sun, the youngest, was slowly waddling until he reached his Appa Jeong-hyeok's legs to steady himself. "Hey there, little man," Jeong-hyeok crouched down to meet his son's level. He gave him a kiss on his head. "Want to go play in the snow with your eonnies?" The little boy just gave his appa a toothless grin, showing a hint of his two front teeth that were starting to grow.

The children were really growing up well in that loving environment – in that loving home.

"Last one out will be it," Se-ri quickly told Jeong-hyeok. With a kiss on his cheek, she ran off to where their daughters were.

"Looks like we're still outnumbered, adeul. Let's show them what we boys got," Jeong-hyeok said to Kwang-sun. He was still young, but they believe he's starting to understand a little bit about the things happening around him.

Jeong-hyeok carried his son, and started running to where his whole family – his whole world - was. There, in the comfort of their home, they get to enjoy the freedom to be with the ones important in their lives – be with the ones they truly loved.

Se-ri looked at her husband, still in awe with how he loved his kids so much. She really believed that Jeong-hyeok was meant to be her husband, and the father of their children.

Screams and giggles echoed in the air. "APPA," Choon-hee screamed and laughed while running away from her appa. "Eomma! Help us get away from the snow monster," Hwa-young said to Se-ri, and tugged her arms to where her twin and father were.

While trying to get away from Jeong-hyeok, Hwa-young accidentally hit Kwang-sun with a tiny snowball. They waited for his cry, because he fell on his bum after being hit. Instead, he stood up, grabbed his own fistful of snow, and tried to throw it to no one in particular. He laughed, and they laughed with him even more.

"Aigoo! Are you having fun, Kwang Sun-ah?" Se-ri carried Kwang-sun up her arms. He gave her a wet kiss on her cheek. "I take that as a big yes, then."

They all laughed at the youngest member of their family. Kwang-sun really brought another level of happiness to their family.

"We really have lovely babies, don't we, Jeong Hyeok-ah," Se-ri said to Jeong-hyeok. "A wonderful family indeed."

"I love you, Yoon Se-ri," Jeong-hyeok said.

"I love you, too, Ri Jeong-hyeok," Se-ri replied back.

They will never get tired of saying that to each other. Because they finally can.