Under the Twinkle of Stars

✨"I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars." — Stephanie Meyer✨

PROMPT: Stargazing

Bin gave Ye-jin his surprise gift for her while they were out stargazing one chilly summer night.

UNDER THE TWINKLE OF STARS

The newly bought penthouse of the couple was truly ideal and fit for stargazing. Since they are not in the polluted and busy city of Seoul, the skies are clear during nighttime which makes it easy and enjoyable to look up at the numerous stars twinkling in the night sky.

Summer nights can still be chilly, so what better excuse to cuddle in the lounge area outside with a thin blanket wrapped around you.

Bin just came outside after grabbing a thin blanket to wrap around Ye-jin who was comfortably sitting in their lounge area by their garden filled with her beautiful and vibrant coloured flowers.

Bin then carefully placed himself and sat behind Ye-jin, wrapping the blanket he got around the both of them. Ye-jin leaned her head back and rested comfortably against Bin's warm chest.

Being in Bin's arms always made Ye-jin feel at home and having Ye-jin in Bin's arms always made him feel whole at the same time.

During these quiet nights, Bin and Ye-jin usually have their heart to heart talks or anything they can think to talk about actually. It can be their upcoming work, their dinner plan with friends, Mina's new dog toy, delicious food they're craving... literally anything.

Tonight, Ye-jin chose to talk about deep philosophical things.

"You know, I'm still in awe of how vast the universe is. There are still a lot of unexplored and unexplained things around us. I sometimes wonder what lies ahead," Ye-jin said thoughtfully.

"And despite that vastness of the universe you're talking about, I was lucky enough to meet someone special like you," Bin said, kissing the crown of Ye-jin's head resting and tucked just below his chin.

Bin continued, "You know, back when I was away filming in Jordan, I used to stare at the sky just like what we are doing now. Instead of from the rooftop, I was stargazing from my hotel balcony especially during times when I miss you or when I felt homesick."

Ye-jin listened to Bin intently. "Did it actually help you to be able to push through and continue on with your days," Ye-jin asked as she cuddled more into him, suddenly remembering the nights he was away and they couldn't be with each other no matter how much they wanted to. It was their reality back then.

"It did actually. Knowing that the both of us are under the same sky with scattered stars like specks of twinkling lights, it helped me get through those rough and tough days of missing you so much," Bin replied as he embraced Ye-jin a bit more tightly, grateful to have her in his arms tonight and the following nights for the rest of their lives.

Ye-jin smiled, comforted by the idea that Bin found a way to hold on during those hard times when she couldn't be with him due to the physical distance between them. It was a normal occurrence to them - filming abroad and being away from their loved ones for long periods of time - but it still didn't change the fact that it will always be hard being away from home.

Yes, social media and technological advances bridged these gaps but seeing and hearing your loved ones on and through mere screens was still and will always be different from being able to listen to their voice and hug them personally.

"You know, that particular long-distance thing we did actually gave me an idea. So I got you something," Bin told Ye-jin, excitement can be seen in his eyes.

'I really hope she loves it,' Bin thought to himself as he stood up and went to grab it from their bedroom. "Stay here. Don't move. Wait for me. I'll get it."*

Bin came back with a frame in his hands. He gave it to Ye-jin and went back to his rightful comfortable place sitting down behind her.

Ye-jin excitedly grabbed the frame from Bin, eager to open the present he got for her. "Wait... is this from Jordan," she asked him with a hint of confusion present in her voice. "But it's been months."

"No, not really. I just thought of the idea when I was there," Bin clarified.

"So what is it," Ye-jin asked Bin. "Just open it," he replied, giving her his dimpled smile.

As Ye-jin tore away the wrapper of the frame, her eyes went wide and her mouth agape.

There in Ye-jin's hands was a certificate stating that she owned a star which was also named after her.

"YOU BOUGHT ME A STAR," Ye-jin squealed in disbelief mixed with excitement and awe. "DAEBAK!"

"You actually gifted me a star. A STAR. Tae-pyung, why?" Ye-jin said, still quite can't believe what she just received. She was truly baffled.

Bin indeed bought her a star as a gift. No special occasion, just to show Ye-jin how much he loved her.

Yes, both Bin and Ye-jin were well-off and that was a fact. They can buy almost anything luxurious and expensive. Name the brand and they can buy it in an instant. But there was something with this couple - something simple, genuine, and thoughtful - they live for these simple things because they believe that as long as a gift was given out of love, it was worth more than anything money could buy.

"Now, whenever one of us is away, we can just look for your star and feel closer to home," Bin said, gathering Ye-jin into his warm and loving embrace. His true home.

Bin will always be reminded that Ye-jin will always wait for him to come back to her and Ye-jin will always be reminded that Bin, her good person, will always be there looking out for her.

"It must have been hard for you to get it for me," Ye-jin said quietly with tears threatening to fall down her cheeks. "It was really a thoughtful gift. Thank you so much, Tae-pyung. You don't know how happy you make me."

"Only the best for the most special woman and best partner for me," Bin said through his dimpled smile as he wiped away Ye-jin's tears that touched her beautiful face with the moonlight illuminating her soft features that never failed to take his breath away.

For now, they were not missing each other's company because they were under the same sky - under the same stars - basking in the loving presence of each other.

"I love you, Tae-pyung."

"I love you, Eon-jin."

~

"I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars." ― Stephenie Meyer