It's a Hard Day

because Dooly in Yoon Se-ri's apartment will always have a special place in my heart 🫶🏼 it's HOME 🙆🏻‍♀️🙆🏻

PROMPTYoon Se-ri came home after a rough day at work.

IT'S A HARD DAY

'Why am I so unlucky today?'

Everything that day didn't go according to plan for Yoon Se-ri. From the moment she woke up, to the last minute of the working hour.

Se-ri woke up late, and that never happened. Ever. "UGH! I'm gonna throw that alarm clock away," she said as she rushed to get dressed and grab her coffee on the way to work. "Have a nice day, Se-ri!" Jeong-hyeok bid her goodbye with a light kiss on her forehead. Because that's the only thing worth getting late for.

While fixing some papers on her desk, Se-ri accidentally hit the cup of coffee. Spilled everywhere. She rushed to grab the papers away, not to get them stained, but in exchange, it was her dress that was ruined. "Manager Hong, can you get me a new dress? I spilled coffee, and I have a client meeting in an hour. I need to be presentable. I'll call Jeong-hyeok to choose one, and then pick it up for me, will you? Thanks," she hung up the phone. "UGH! Can this day get any worse?" She shouted out her frustrations.

Apparently, it did.

Se-ri was staring intently at the wall clock in the conference room where their meeting was held. The door opened. "You're late," she said in a cold voice. "Lucky for you the client cancelled the meeting, or else it would've been embarrassing." She didn't even know what to get mad about anymore. Was it the employee's tardiness, or the client's sudden schedule change. "Get back to work."

"Ms. Yoon, the raw materials won't make it in time according to the schedule because of some logistics problem with the supplier."

"Ms. Yoon, the product launch will be delayed because there was a problem with the venue and its inclusions."

These were the words Ye-jin kept on getting throughout her day. It was a really shitty day indeed.

Last but not the least, the traffic was heavy on the way home because of some road construction within Se-ri's usual route. "Really? Until now? I just want to go home," Se-ri told the driver. 'I just want to go home to Ri Jeong-hyeok.'

It's bad enough that it was a waste of time, but more than that, Se-ri just wanted to go home to the love of her life after a shitty day.

Sometimes, Se-ri still can't believe her and Jeong-hyeok were already peacefully living together in one home. It's not just an apartment where she spent her time bathing and sleeping, and the one that housed her luxury life.

It's a home, because Jeong-hyeok turned it into one.

Jeong-hyeok's presence was enough reason for Se-ri to get up everyday, because she knew she's not alone anymore. He'd always be there, and nothing can separate them for as long as they lived.

~

The moment Se-ri opened the door to their home, she was greeted by a delicious smell coming from the kitchen. Before, she didn't even spend a few minutes there. She'd just opened her fridge, grabbed a bottle of water, and then closed it back. But when Jeong-hyeok returned to her life, suddenly there were more reasons to enjoy her home.

The mouthwatering aroma was a dead giveaway that Se-ri's man was cooking something in the kitchen. That was another thing she loved about coming home – home cooked meals, made with love courtesy of her Hyeoky. It made them extra special.

Se-ri walked to the kitchen and there, she was met by a set of broad shoulders. She hugged Jeong-hyeok from behind. He wasn't surprised, not the least bit. Because for some apparent reason, he always knew when she was near.

Electric charge, thick tension, sparks flying, love, whatever you wanted to call it. They just knew.

"What are you cooking?" Se-ri asked Jeong-hyeok. "Your favourite," he told her. "Your noodles? Sounds delicious!"

"Wait up for me. I'll just take a quick shower and change into something more comfortable," Se-ri said. She didn't mind not dressing up when she was with Jeong-hyeok. They were way past first impressions anyway. No need to dress to impress. They overcame way more important things than messy buns and sweatpants.

"Sure! I'm just finishing up here anyway and then we can eat. You must be hungry from work," Jeong-hyeok said. "For sure am," Se-ri said before walking to their bedroom.

~

Jeong-hyeok finished cooking, and Se-ri finished showering. She walked back to their dining room to finally have that dinner with her boyfriend.

"How was your day?" Se-ri asked Jeong-hyeok. She's the talkative one. Always confident with initiating conversations between them. Almost always, not that either of them mind.

"Nothing much," Jeong-hyeok started. "You know I don't feel that comfortable going out and about just yet. But I'm looking into small music schools where I can teach young kids how to play the piano."

"Just tell me the go signal, and I will make things happen, Jeong Hyeok-ssi."

"You know I don't want you to. Unless I'm really desperate, which I'm not," Jeong-hyeok politely turned down Se-ri's offer to help him jumpstart his career in the South. "I know. I'm just saying," she kissed his cheek.

They continued eating. Se-ri was slurping her noodles, and sipping her broth like there's no tomorrow. "You didn't eat lunch, did you?" Jeong-hyeok asked. She stopped eating midway, a noodle string still hanging on her lips. She looked at him sheepishly. "I ate some biscuits. Do they count?"

"Aigoo, Se Ri-ah! I told you to stop skipping meals," Jeong-hyeok tried his best not to show too much emotion. "You'll get sick again if you continue doing this."

Se-ri leaned her head on Jeong-hyeok's shoulder. "I love that you're always worried about me, and I'm sorry for that," she said. "I will remind Manager Hong to remind me about my meals from now on."

"Maybe you should invite your closest employees to join you for lunch break," Jeong-hyeok proposed the idea to Se-ri. "That way, lunch can be more fun. You should try Subway. The boys and I loved eating there back then."

Even if Jeong-hyeok was pretty introverted, he knew the value of having people around you whom you trust and feel comfortable being around.

Se-ri just stayed silent, considering Jeong-hyeok's suggestion. She's still used to doing things her way all the time. It's the boss in her. She's only ever relied on him.

"Sometimes, it's okay to let people in," Jeong-hyeok reminded Se-ri.

"I will try."

"That's all I ask for. Now, tell me more about your day," Jeong-hyeok was the one who asked Se-ri this time. She told all the events that happened to her that day. He listened intently. He's used to her animated retelling of her daily life. It's just her.

"You should ask more people to help you. Delegate tasks to people you know will do well with the job they're tasked to do," Jeong-hyeok suggested again. "It's the same in the military. I delegate tasks to the boys, depending on my assessment on who's going to do better with which task."

"I just need more adjusting to the idea. I learned from the best after all," Se-ri said, and winked at Captain Ri. "Now, stop nagging me, and let's continue eating. I want to finish my favourite noodles before they get cold."

"Then you'll join me in bed so we can cuddle," Se-ri simply said. She smiled so wide at Jeong-hyeok's blushing cheeks. He still wasn't used to her boldness, and confidence. But he'd always do anything for her.

"Whatever you want, Yoon Se-ri."