Spring Flowers, Beautiful Garden

get a glimpse of Dooly and their twin girls 👨‍👩‍👧‍👧 in Swiss 🇨🇭 join the delulu train 🚂 because fokkk my mind's going places ✈️

PROMPT: Growth

The growth of a family (and their flower garden).

SPRING FLOWERS, BEAUTIFUL GARDEN

It was just another normal beautiful spring day for the Ri family in Switzerland. The sun was shining, the skies were clear, the flowers were blooming, the birds were chirping, and the wind was blowing.

Inside the house, you could hear cute little voices talking to each other. Two cute, beautiful little ladies — twin girls to be exact — were playing with their dolls, about to have a royal tea party. Ri Choon-hee was pouring imaginary tea on Ri Hwa-young's teacup.

Choon-hee means spring girl while Hwa-young means beautiful flower. Beautiful names fit for lovely beautiful children.

Choon-hee was growing and blooming like the flowers in spring. Hwa-young, the same as her twin sister, was also growing into a beautiful girl.

The moment Ri Jeong-hyeok and Yoon Se-ri laid eyes on their twin girls, they knew they were already wrapped around their cute little chubby fingers. They were the most beautiful gifts life has ever given the lovely couple.

Choon-hee and Hwa-young were already playing a different game by the time Jeong-hyeok finished his morning shower after his earlier run. The two girls were still playing with their dolls but instead of having a royal tea party, they now moved on to playing shopping and dressing up. A real testament that they were Se-ri's girls.

Jeong-hyeok went out of the master bedroom to look for his favourite girls. The moment he arrived at the living room, he saw his twins happily playing with each other alongside their stuffed toys and dolls. The sight brought a smile to his handsome face like it always did.

Choon-hee looked up and saw their father standing by the couch. The twins immediately dropped the toys they were playing with and ran toward their father. "APPA!"

Each daughter hugged one of Jeong-hyeok's legs. He bent down to their level and kissed each of their foreheads. "Good morning, my loves!"

"Appa, we were waiting for you to finish your shower so you can measure our heights against the wall already," Hwa-young excitedly told their father. "I wanna know if I'm taller than Hwa-young now," Choon-hee added while giggling.

The twins pulled Jeong-hyeok toward the wall using all the energy their petite bodies had. "Alright, slow down," he told the two girls.

There was a wall filled with pencil markings, dates, names, and numbers. The twins stand together side by side while holding each other's hands. They were still giggling.

"Stay still. We want to get each additional height correctly," Jeong-hyeok told them, trying to at least calm the girls. "Done!"

The girls turned around to look at the new markings on the wall. They looked at each other and screamed, "YAAAY! We both grew so much!" Jeong-hyeok laughed at his little girls while they continued on jumping around and clapping their hands.

After their excitement died down a little, Jeong-hyeok asked, "Where's eomma? We should tell her how much taller you two got!"

"Eomma is in her garden," the twins replied at the same time. Creepy? Not really. It's just their twin energy showing.

"Let's go!" Jeong-hyeok held out each of his hands to each of his daughters. Together, the trio walked outside to look for Se-ri.

~

Se-ri, as usual, was tending to her flower garden. It's her escape from the hustle and bustle of family life. Don't get her wrong. She absolutely loves her family but it also helps to be alone from time to time. She uses this time to just relax and be her own person — not a mom, not a wife — just Yoon Se-ri who adores her flowers.

Just as Se-ri finished watering the plants in her garden, she heard the pitter patter of tiny feet. Then she knew that it's time to go back to being an amazing mother to her twins.

"Eomma!"

"Don't run! Be careful! You might slip from the wet ground," Jeong-hyeok called out. It was a futile attempt. His voice was no match to his kids' energy and excitement.

"Eomma! We grew THIIIS much!" Choon-Hee and Hwa-young stretched their arms wide to show Se-ri how much taller they got. "Omo! Jinjja," Eomma Se-ri sounded fascinated and enthusiastic, trying to match her babies' energies.

"Now, let's all work together and help eomma's plants grow taller too! What do you say," Se-ri told her family. "We need to tell 10 nice things to them so they will grow nicely!"

"Come, appa!"

There in the flower garden, the lovely family of four was standing side by side holding each other's hands. Se-ri started the tradition, followed by Choon-hee, Hwa-young, and Jeong-hyeok. The cycle repeats until they are able to say 10 nice things to the plants.

"Seri's Choice," Se-ri said obviously. It was her other big baby for the longest time. It witnessed almost all of her ups and downs, most especially back in the time when she didn't have Jeong-hyeok yet. And now that she's truly happy, Seri's Choice is still there to witness this beautiful chapter of her new life.

"Dolls and Tea Parties," said Choon-hee and Hwa-young. These are their favourite pastimes whenever they play together. Simple, girly, fun, and happy. It was every little girl's favourite.

"Piano," said Jeong-hyeok when his turn came. Just like Seri's Choice, the piano was Jeong-hyeok's escape and saving grace back in his lonely days in the military. Now, he was able to freely play at his heart's content. The piano doesn't only remind him about his brother, instead it reminds him of the gift of family he's now enjoying.

"Stock Price"

"Playtime"

"Shopping"

"Photography"

The last two words were mentioned by the couple. "Choon-hee," said Se-ri and kissed Choon-hee's cheek. "Hwa-young," said Jeong-hyeok and kissed Hwa-young's cheek as well. Another round of giggling ensued as the twins returned cheek kisses to each of their parents.

"Grow well, flowers," Choon-hee said, "So Eomma will be really happy," Hwa-young added. Jeong-hyeok and Se-ri looked at each other, thanking each other with their eyes. They were just so thankful to have been blessed with these thoughtful children.

"Now, let's go make some pancakes!" Se-ri cheered on.

Chon-hee and Hwa-young ran back to the kitchen, already talking about overloading their pancakes with chocolate chips, whipped cream, and maple syrup. "Maybe, we shouldn't let them have too much or else we'll have to deal with children on sugar high for at least a few hours," Se-ri laughed. "Don't worry, I got them," Jeong-hyeok assured her.

"I love you, Se Ri-ah," Jeong-hyeok said as he slipped his arm around Se-ri's slim waist.

"I love you, Jeong Hyeok-ah," Se-ri said as she placed her hand and leaned her head on Jeong-hyeok's chest so she could feel and hear his heart, which they both knew beats for his family.