What Can I Give You?

happy wednesday 🫶🏼✨ you and i both know we all miss binjin so much 😭

PROMPT: Cha Mi-jo and Park Dae-sik's date by the beach.

WHAT CAN I GIVE YOU?

It was a lovely date. But the night's almost over.

Walking hand-in-hand by the beach under the starry night sky filled with twinkling, bright stars watching them from above.

Park Dae-sik knew he should be focusing on the then and there. He was with Cha Mi-jo, her hand perfectly wrapped around his. But he couldn't help but overthink that she was perfect and there he was and his dangerous job. He wasn't sure what he could give her. He was doubting himself, if ever he actually deserved her.

One thing Mi-jo wanted above anything else was someone who's strong and patient enough to stick it out. Because of her abandonment issues when she was younger, she needed someone reliable, firm, and wouldn't leave her like her own birth mother and her previous foster parents.

And Dae-sik wasn't sure if he could be that for Mi-jo. Not during that time at least. Not until he's still out there going on dangerous missions halfway across the world. Away from her.

Both lost in their own thoughts, they continued walking slowly. One step at a time.

Mi-jo spoke before Dae-sik could even utter what was in his mind.

"You know my issues, Dae-sik. If you can't be the one I need, then it's best to end it here because not many emotions and feelings are invested yet."

They were both saving each other from an inevitable heartbreak they think their budding romance was leading to.

"You're perfect, Mi Jo-yah. You absolutely are."

A comfortable yet at the same time dreadful silence filled the air.

"If there's anyone in the world I want to be with in this lifetime journey, it's going to be you. No one else."

"But I'm not sure what I can give you," Dae-sik finished what he wanted to say. Not that he could've said anything more.

"I hope I know the answer, too, Dae-sik."

The two remained quiet, thinking about all the things that were said.

Mi-jo looking across the broad horizon, was enveloped in Dae-sik's warm embrace they know too well gave each other comfort.

Because sometimes, words just weren't enough.