Rainy Day Thursday

PROMPTYe-jin and Mina were playing in the rain when Bin arrived at home.

RAINY DAY THURSDAY

It was around three in the afternoon on a Thursday when Bin arrived at their home after finishing his meetings in the office that lasted the whole morning.

Bin started the day with the sun shining brightly. Now, it was raining.

Once Bin entered their apartment, he put down the umbrella beside the plant pot to let it drip and dry. He shrugged off his damp coat and hung it on the rack on the side wall and removed his soaked boots off to let them dry as well.

Ye-jin would've thrown a fit if Bin made a mess of their clean home. He wasn't planning on getting on her bad side anytime soon. He wasn't planning on getting on her bad side at all. She was terrifying during those rare times he did something that annoyed the hell out of her. He loved her anyway - all sides of her, both the good and the bad.

Bin stepped foot in the narrow hallway leading to the main entrance when he called out to Ye-jin, "Ye Jin-ah?"

There was no reply heard. Bin's voice just echoed throughout the room, bouncing off the walls.

Bin tried calling out to Ye-jin once again as he was putting his keys, wallet, and other things on the side table. "Ye Jin-ah? Mina? I'm home. I brought home some food."

Bin placed the bag of food on the countertop in their kitchen. He'll unpack them later before heating them up in time for dinner. For now, he continued looking for his favourite human and favourite dog.

Bin was expecting Ye-jin to be comfortably sitting down on the plush sofa while reading a script with a cup of hot tea beside her, waiting to be sipped, and with a little furry dog below the sofa, just lying above her feet.

To Bin's surprise, the view he was met with was far from what he imagined her doing. He heard soft laughs and cute barks coming from their garden.

There, Bin saw a beautiful scenery. The leaves of the plants were vibrant green as they get their much needed water from the pouring of the rain.

There, Bin saw a beautiful woman he was in love with and wished to see for the rest of their lives.

Ye-jin's eye smile and beautiful smile can brighten any gloomy rainy day because she was the sunshine herself.

These were the little things that matter. These were the reasons the couple always longed to come home to each other at the end of a long and tiring day of work and stress. Their little family was what mattered.

Keeping Ye-jin company playing under the rain was their cute cheeky white dog now turned light brown due to running around, splashing puddles and mud, and rolling over the freshly trimmed grass. Bin's two girls were a mess, but they were for sure having the time of their lives. They were having fun.

Ye-jin was mindless of other things except from the raindrops falling down the gray sky - cooling down her heated body.

Bin just continued staring at how Ye-jin was enjoying her day in the rain.

Bin snapped a quick photo and a filmed quick video using his phone but he knew that this sight will forever be imprinted in his memory, filed under the moments he fell in love with Ye-jin all over again. He put back his phone inside his back pocket and started walking closer to the double door that leads to their garden.

"Enjoying?" Bin suddenly asked Ye-jin.

Ye-jin turned to look at Bin with the same excitement you would see in a child's face once he or she gets to experience playing in the rain for the first time.

"Come and join us," Ye-jin motioned her hands for Bin to come to her. "I'm okay here. It's warm and cozy," he replied as he crossed his arms in front of his broad chest and leaned on the wall.

"Don't stay out too long, okay? We don't want you to get sick," Bin reminded Ye-jin gently, not wanting to ruin her fun.

"Araso, Binnie!" Ye-jin replied. She grabbed Mina and they twirled around as she hummed soft tunes and Mina licked the raindrops sliding down her face even though it was cascading endlessly.

~

The pair continued to play for a while until Bin was finally able to convince Ye-jin to go inside because it was getting colder as time passed by later in the day.

In their bathroom, Bin prepared Ye-jin a hot bath, complete with her scented candles and bath salts, accompanied by relaxing music flowing throughout the space. He also put a fluffy towel and her comfortable pajamas on the counter beside the bathtub.

Once Bin was done with the preparations inside the bathroom, he was about to head back to check if Ye-jin was actually done playing in the rain and decided to finally come inside. However, as he turned to head back, Ye-jin was already standing there, staring at him, her caring and loving boyfriend.

"I've prepared everything just the way you like your bath time. I'll prepare some hot soup and tea to warm you up after you finish taking a bath. We can also eat the food I bought earlier. I got your favourite spicy rice cakes," Bin told Ye-jin as he tried to dry her hair so she wouldn't get sick.

Bin loved taking care of Ye-jin as much as she loved him taking care of her.

"Thank you, my love," Ye-jin told Bin with her face so close to him, he could feel their breaths mixing together.

Bin caressed Ye-jin's warm and rosy cheeks before placing a soft kiss on her lips. With her eyes still closed, she held onto his wrists and just smiled. The couple basked in the warm loving presence of each other.

Ye-jin slowly opened her eyes, the smile never leaving her face. Bin returned her smile with his own dimpled one and proceeded to place a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"I'll see you in the kitchen," Bin whispered and then left Ye-jin to finish up in the bathroom.

~

While they were eating their dinner, Ye-jin already started sniffling but she assured Bin that it was nothing a hot soup and tea couldn't fix.

Nighttime came, Bin and Ye-jin were already cuddling in bed when he realised that she was a bit warmer than usual. 'She has a slight fever,' Bin thought.

"Aish, this woman. I told you not to stay out too long. Look, now you're sick," Bin muttered, thinking that Ye-jin was asleep.

A scratchy voice then replied to Bin's short and quick rant. "It's okay, at least I get an excuse to cuddle with you to make me feel better," Ye-jin replied. With a lazy smile, she closed her eyes once again. Her arms wrapped tightly around his muscular build, nuzzling her head between his head and neck. He returned the hug, making her feel comfortable and safe as he always did.

"I'll always take care of you, Ye Jin-ah. I love you," Bin kissed her forehead as they drift off into a peaceful sleep in the night.