01│Resumption

APRIL

The entrance ceremony.

We were going to school on the bus, which shook every time it passed over a bumpy area of the road.

As I watched the landscape change from area to area, the passengers on the bus increased gradually. I look at Axel who is sleeping on my shoulder. I poke his cheeks, he opens his eyes and looks at me.

"Wh-What Kiyo, I'm so tired, let me sleep more." he said then closed his eyes again.

"Matsuo said that you slept enough, you know oversleeping is bad." I said, he pouted and he looked at me then looked away still pouting.

I didn't pay attention to him then look around in the bus.

Most of the passengers were wearing school uniforms.

The lone frustrated salary worker who got on the bus remembered the time when he accidentally groped someone the last time he got on a crowded bus.

An old woman standing in front of me stood precariously on her unsteady feet, looking as if she would fall over at any time.

I made a mistake by taking the bus, I should have listened to Axel. He said that we just asked Matsuo to take us to school.

Even though I was able to secure a good seat, the cold wind was blowing towards me and the whole bus was crowded.

That poor old woman will have to wait until the bus arrives at her destination.

The cloudless sky and clear weather is refreshing... I think I might fall asleep. Well I should sleep on Axel's shoulder, it seems comfortable.

My tranquility and peace was suddenly interrupted.

"Don't you think you should give up your seat?"

For a moment, I opened my eyes that were about to close. Axel also looks at the scene.

Eh, by any chance, were you scolding us?

That's what I thought at first, but apparently the person in front of me was being warned.

A young, well-built, blonde-haired man was sitting down in the priority seat. I mean high school student. The old woman was standing next to him. An office lady was next to the old woman.

"You there, can't you see the old woman having trouble?"

The office lady seemed to want him to hand over the priority seat to the old woman.

In the quiet bus, her voice got louder and attracted the attention of the other people in the bus.

"That's a really crazy question, lady."