32│Bewildered

Third Person's Point of View

KIYOTAKA JUST SIGHED as he watched Axel fixing his clothes. They just finished their dinner, Kiyotaka asked Axel what time he received. Axel was appointed to meet at 18:00, the same as Kiyotaka.

"I'm done." Axel said as he walked out to their room. Kiyotaka nodded and they both started walking. They both received a letter from the school giving them the designated meeting point and location.

When they arrived at their destination, they both looked at the door that was in front of them. Kiyotaka knocked and received a quick reply.

"Enter."

The two boys then stepped into the room. There they saw the homeroom teacher for Class A Mashima-sensei sitting on a chair. There were two male students sitting before Mashima-sensei as well. Both were from Class D and people they recognized.

"So one of the remaining 2 from our group is you two, Ayanokouji-dono, Arison-dono." Sotomura Hideo smiled at the two boys. Axel waved his hand at him.

"Isn't this strange, Ayanokouji, Arison?" Yukimara asks as he pushes up his glasses.

"Have a seat." Mashima-sensei said to the two boys.

They both nodded and they sat silently beside Yukimura who himself sat beside Sotomura.

"There's one more person who will be joining us, we will quietly wait for them to arrive first."

Waiting for their last member, a heavy silence fell upon them. Soon the clock hand struck 18:00 and Mashima-sensei looked at the clock only once before a knock was heard on the door. Like in Axel and Kiyotaka, the teacher told the person to enter.

"Excuse me."

It soon revealed to be Karuizawa Kei who came into the room and sat down in the chair next to Kiyotaka and Axel. The three people greeted each other and waved their hands.

"I thought the mail told the students to all be punctual, you're late." Mashima-sensei said and looked unsatisfied by her late arrival.

"Sorry." Karuizawa said.

Karuizawa seemed to be dissatisfied by Mashima-sensei's words and their existence in general. Mashima-sensei then coughs on his fist.

"Sotomura, Arison, Yukimura, Ayanokouji and Karuizawa. I will now explain the contents of the special exam."

"Ok, wait a minute." Karuizawa spoke up.

"I don't understand what the meaning of this is, what do you mean by explaining the exam? The exam's already over, right? And what are these people doing here? Isn't this strange?" she continued.