14│Conspire

Axel's Point of View

"WHAT AM I GOING TO DO, without any more points...?"

"I used up the remainder of my points yesterday..."

After Chiyabashira-sensei left the room, the whole classroom was in an uproar. I look at Kiyo, he is also looking at me. I waved my hand at him, and he waved back.

He looks like a robot, Pfft.

"Even more than the points, this is a problem with the class... Why was I put in class D!?"

Yukimura vented in frustration. There were beads of sweat on his forehead.

"Wait, does that mean we won't be able to go to a college we want to go to? Then why did I come to this school in the first place? I wonder if Sae-chan-sensei hates me..."

None of the students can hide their confusion.

"I understand that everyone is panicking right now, but calm down."

Hirata took control of the class, trying to calm down the sense of impending crisis. I wonder if he will maintain this kind of attitude.

"How can we calm down in this situation? Are you not frustrated that we are the class of leftovers!?"

"Even if I say I am, isn't it better to work together to get out of this situation?"

"Get out of this situation? In the first place, I don't even agree with this hierarchy of classes!"

"I completely understand your feelings.However, there's no use in sitting here and complaining about it."

"What!?"

Yukimura walked up to Hirata and grabbed him by his collar.

"Calm down, you two. Ok? Surely, Sensei must have explained it to us sternly in order to cheer us up, right?"

Kushida spoke up. She broke the two apart and gently took Yukimura's balled fist in her hand. Yukimura, as one would expect, tried not to hurt Kushida and unintentionally took a step back.

"Also, it's only been a month since school has started. As Hirata-kun said, I think that it's better for all of us to persevere through this situation. Do you think I'm wrong?"

"N-no, that's... Certainly, I don't think what Kushida said is wrong, but..."

Yukimura's wrath already dissipated away. Kushida sincerely looked at everyone in class D, wishing for everyone's cooperation.

"T-that's right. We shouldn't be impatient. There's no need for Yukimura and Hirata to fight."

"... My bad. I lost my composure for a bit there."