37│Intention

Third Person's Point of View

TWO HOURS PAST MIDNIGHT, The two boys decided to get off to bed. Hirata on the other hand, notices the two boys and goes to the corridor and smiles at the two boys.

"Did I wake you or were you already awake, which one is it?" Hirata asked the two.

"Mhmm." Axel hummed as he yawned.

"I thought you'd leave the room tonight." Kiyotaka said.

"Why did you think that? Tonight's the first night I actually left the room at night."

"Isn't it just that Karuizawa contacted you tonight? Yosuke?" Axel asked Hirata as he leaned on the wall.

"Do you know something?" Hirata asked, and he looked at both Kiyotaka and Axel.

"We're in the same group as Karuizawa after all. We don't know to what extent, but more or less we understand the situation. You once told us you wanted us to act as the bridge between you and Horikita, right?" Kiyotaka said and shrugged his shoulders.

"I see, so you're here because Horikita-san ordered you to, is that it?" Hirata said, making Kiyotaka nod his head.

"Yes. She ordered us to report everything from (Rabbit) group to her, including Karuizawa's situation. So once we heard about Karuizawa's situation and reported back to her, she ordered us to watch you as well."

"Of course she ordered us to eavesdrop on you, but since you told us to be the bridge between you and her, we thought we'd rather not sneak up on you. This is a chance for us to hear it from you as well." Axel said.

"What information does she want?" Hirata asked.

"Everything that Hirata knows about Karuizawa and the contents of your talk with her."

"I'm not sure how much I can tell you, I still need to consider Karuizawa-san's feelings." Hirata scratches the back of his head.

"I'm sure Ayanokouji-kun and Arison-kun won't say anything unnecessary, but what I'm about to tell you is extremely sensitive information. And there's the possibility Karuizawa-san will simply refuse to talk and go back. I'd just like you to keep those facts in mind."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

THE MEETING PLACE WAS IN FRONT of a vending machine on the second floor. Karuizawa was already there. At first when she saw him she smiled for a moment, but when she saw them behind Hirata she quickly lost the smile and it was replaced with an unsure expression, but it was most likely because of Kiyotaka.