28│Checkmate

Third's Point of View

"ARE YOU SURE? Ibuki, I'm asking you." Ryuen said, making Ibuki look away. Ibuki clenched her fist and looked at Ryuen who was currently smirking. Ibuki nods, Ryuen stands up and walks toward her position.

"Where's the card?" Ibuki looked down when Ryuen asked that question.

"I didn't get the card.."

"Why?" Ryuen's eyebrow raised when he heard that Ibuki failed to get the card.

'Even I don't know! It just happened so fast. I didn't realize that I was going to put on sleep or what.'

"It doesn't matter, I already saw the card and the name of their leader." Ibuki said, Ryuen sighed and glared at Ibuki. She didn't look away. Ryuen was going to say something but he stopped.

A man appeared from the shadows. Katsuragi, from Class A. He was definitely the calm and dependable type, the complete opposite of our leader. Ibuki pretended to be calm, but in her mind. She couldn't help but be reminded again of Ryuen's awfulness. Immediately after the test had started, Ryuen told her that he would coax Class A into helping Class C. Apparently he'd done it. But how in the world?

"Where's the card of Class D?" Katsuragi asks them, Ibuki steps forward and says that the card isn't in her hand now but she says that she knows who is the leader of Class D.

"Are you finally convinced now?"

Although he'd been shown definitive proof, Katsuragi's stern expression didn't change. We all know he was a cautious man, but to be this paranoid seemed like a unique kind of illness. He keeps thinking and thinking.

"I'll be heading back now. I don't want to risk things by lingering for too long. Keep our promise." Katsuragi said and started walking away. After that Ibuki looked at Ryuen.

"What about the negotiation? What was discussed? What are we getting in return?" She asked,

A flash of white lightning crackled through the air. Thunder came crashing down immediately afterward, a roaring sound coming from the sea. Ryuen didn't even twitch an eyebrow. Ryuen told Ibuki the details of the contract with a creepy smile on his face. The details weren't really complex, but they weren't simple, either.

'Even with our problems piling up one after the other, making it really difficult to achieve anything, there was the promise of a huge return. Everything was going according to Ryuen's plan, including the fact that most of our students had retired. None of us had imagined this situation before the test had begun, when we were enjoying our holiday on the boat. I hated him so much that I wanted to die, but I supposed he was probably the man with abilities closest to those of Class A, after all. I had to acknowledge it.'  Ibuki's thoughts.