18│Default

Kiyotaka's Point of View

WALKING INTO THE CLASSROOM, Chiyabashira-sensei looked around the classroom in surprise. Everyone was waiting in suspense for the results of the midterms, but Axel just kept yawning and kept looking outside. I sigh, he's tired.

"Sensei. I heard that the results will be released today, but when exactly?"

"There's no need for you to be that excited about it, Hirata. You probably passed."

"...When will they be released?"

"Well, now is a good time. There isn't much time for certain procedures if we did it after school."

At the words "certain procedures", some of the students had a visible reaction.

"What... what do you mean?"

"Don't be confused. I'll explain it now."

After all, this school likes to explain the details all at once.

She stuck the paper with everyone's names and scores on the board.

"Honestly, good job. I didn't think this class would do this well. In math, Japanese, and social studies, there were over 10 perfects."

I look at my score, and yes an average score. I looked at Axel's score. He scored all 90. He definitely scored high this time, well he has those past questions. If he lowers his scores some of the students will interrogate him.

Looking at the row of 100s, the students were cheering. However, one group of students weren't smiling.

The only grade is Sudo's English score.

And then—

Four of Sudo's grades were a solid 60 points. His English score was a 39.

"Woohoo!!"

Sudou stood up and shouted in relief. Ike and Yamauchi stood up at the same time and cheered.

There was no red line to be found on the paper. Axel and I glanced at each other and breathed a small sigh of relief. Horikita... wasn't smiling or cheering, but she appeared to be relieved inside.

"You saw it, right Sensei? When we put our minds to it, we can do it!"

Ike had a triumphant smile.

"Yea, I recognize that. You did well. However—"

Chiyabashira-sensei had a red pen in her hand.

"Huh...?"

Sudou let out a concerned voice.

She drew a red line right above Sudo's name.

"W-what the hell? What does this mean?"

"You failed, Sudo."