36│Scheme

Third Person's Point of View

'PROPOSAL YOU SAY?' Ichinose repeated while curiously staring at Ryuen.

"It's a proposal to work together and crush Class A together. But it seems Suzune and Kanzaki have rejected me." Ryuen then explained.

"I've told Suzune about it earlier, but I already know the identities of all the Class C VIP you see. Three classes will combine forces and share information that includes the identities of all the VIP as well as bypass the school's rules for this exam."

"That's quite a bold idea. But how realistic it is a completely different matter. In the first place, how can we trust that Ryuen-kun already knows the "targets" for Class C?" Ichonse said and Ryuen just shrugged his shoulders .

"You can't trust me and that's only natural. Then we don't make a contract in this case? A pledge to share the "target" identities between us and gang up on A. That way, leaving A aside, three classes would have effectively formed a siege against it."

"Even if we write up a contract, without knowing who's going to betray you, it's still meaningless. It's all over if Class C betrays us. but unless we also know the identities of the "targets" like Ryuen-kun, this is a meaningless proposal." Ichinose rebat.

"No point in playing dumb, there's no way you haven't been analyzing the classes as well." when Ryuen said that the atmosphere became heavy.

"You're overestimating me. I've done no such thing, and besides, this proposal is very high-risk low-return. I'm afraid I cannot accept it." Ichinose speak.

"There's a time for secrets, and there's a time for actions." Ryuen said and chuckled.

"It may be so from your point of view, but now that you're gathering information so aggressively. Is it not your dream to rise up to Class B that way? Horikita-san opposes it. From the start, there was no way this proposal would be accepted."

"That can't be helped. Suzune and Arison have a reason to decline the proposal after all."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ichinose asked.

"You understand, don't you? For this strategy to work, you'd need to perfectly understand your own class firstly. And for Class D which has no teamwork at all, that's an impossible task. Right? And it's also impossible for Class A which is currently split into two factions."

The atmosphere changes once again.

"But for me, who rules the class and the incredibly popular Ichinose, this strategy is possible. Right now I proposed a three class alliance, but even if it's just two classes it's still possible. The probability of seeing through the rules of the exam may decrease slightly, but if it's me I can certainly pull it off. If I can do it, both A and D might as well be stripped nude."