40│Unexpected Result

Third Person's Point of View

ICHINOSE THEN TURNED HER HEAD to Axel and Kiyotaka.

"We've also been thinking about it for a while, if the VIP were in our class there's always the option of simply switching phones with them. Using the password to pass oneself off as the VIPwas also one of the things we thought of. But you see, there is a weakness in that strategy. It's the fact that a phone number exists. Even if you can perfectly replicate your history and apps, you can't do anything with your number. Once, me and Hamaguchi-kun tried swapping out SIM cards, however, the SIM cards we were provided were locked onto our specific terminals so even if we swapped it, we couldn't use our swapped SIM cards. That means if you've swapped your cards too, I wouldn't have been able to call you. It doesn't matter who switched phones with who, as soon as I call that number, I can easily find out who the real owner is. If I couldn't do this, I wouldn't have even come up with the plan to reveal our phones after all. Simply exchanging phones and replicating the history went perfectly this far, but you must have never expected that we would use the fact that the SIM cards are locked to specific terminals to check, did you?" She explained without batting an eye.

At that moment, the announcement that the 1 hour discussion period ends in five minutes came in.

"Shit!" Yukimura turned away.

"Too bad, Yukimura. That was a good try, though." Machida grinned.

"In any case, we've already determined that Ayanokouji-kun is the VIP. Machida-kun, promise me that we will aim for the first outcome together without betraying anyone. " Ichinose said.

"Naturally. Trust in me, let's go." Machida said.

Having been called by their friends, the three students of Class A were the fastest ones out of the room. Ichinose then turned to the others left in the room.

"The ones who believe will be saved, you know. I will never betray you. That's why I also want Class C to do the same. You just have to bear with it for 30 minutes."

Manabe and the others simply nod their heads in response. Yukimura glanced at Kiyotaka.

"I was a fool for following your plan. This is the worst." Yukimura muttered.

Axel on the other hand remains unfazed and just looking at the ceiling. No less than minutes everyone left the room, leaving Kiyotaka, Axel and Ichinose alone.

"Now we just have to trust everyone."

"Yeah. I suppose so." Kiyotaka said. Ichinose turned her head to the two boys.

"Ayanokouji-kun, you're quite calm. Aren't you worried? And Arison-kun, you've been really close with Ayanokouji-kun, you're not affected by this outcome?"