47│Covetousness

Third Person's Point of View

ON SATURDAY, KIYOTAKA, AXEL, KUSHIDA AND HORIKITA, meet in the lobby before heading out to scout out the various sports clubs practising that day.

They stop by the grounds where the soccer club is practicing. The figure of a tall man wearing the club's uniform walked past the spectators, namely the four of them.

Kushida recognized the male as she smiled.

"Good morning, Nagumo-senpai." Kushida called out to him. On the other hand, Horikita gave an almost imperceptible response.

It's because Nagumo's a candidate for the next student council president and someone whose abilities equal that of Horikita's brother after all.

Nagumo let out a grin. "Hmm? If I recall, you're Kikyo-chan right? You're on a date with a boy– no two boys on your day off. Not too shabby."

Kushida let out a nervous giggle. "Ahaha, it's not like that though. I got curious and came here to watch."

"Take it easy. My club doesn't know how to hold back so I think you're right on the mark if you've come to measure their skills."

Nagumo winked, and then headed down to the ground field for a meet up. The mood of the soccer club changed dramatically, starting with Hirata, when Nagumo joined them.

He seems to be on the team opposing Hirata and Shibata's. As the situation changed, Nagumo's play shone. Hirata challenged Nagumo to steal the ball away. His movements should have been just as sharp as before but almost as though dandling a baby, he ended up being splendidly passed by.

Right afterwards, Shibata also charged at Nagumo but Nagumo interwove several feints together and dazzled him before passing him too.

Passing one more person, he let loose a powerful shot from mid-distance. The ball which flew in a terrifying curve exceeded the keeper's prediction and quickly enough, he scored a goal.

"So the title of succeeding student council president isn't just for show." Axel said, looking at the field.

Horikita crossed her arms. "It's just athleticism though."

Axel sighed and wondered about the relationship between Horikita and Kushida, does Horikita know about Kushida completely, did Kushida have a connection between Horikita somehow?

"I quit. I'm starting to feel like just thinking about it is a waste of time." Horikita said with a sigh.

"That's right. Right now our priority is to conduct reconnaissance and gather information right?" Kushida asked.

"I suppose." Kiyotaka nods.

Kushida looked at Horikita. "Horikita-san is also properly keeping our class in mind that makes me happy."