Newcomers

Seemed like whenever we had gotten a newcomer in town, they acted like a hard-ass or they pretended not to notice and stay to themselves. I tried not to act like Ryder's bitch-ass but sometimes it was hard. I understood where Rhaven was with him because he was tempting but for me it was so tempting to just punch his fucking face until he was bleeding and couldn't get up on his own. I knew what she saw in him and in me but I also knew I was just one of her boy-toys, like he probably was.

The next morning, it was 5am and there was a knock at the back door and that was unusual and Daemon's ass was knocked out on the couch so I had taken the floor. I went to peak out of the window and I saw Rhaven on the back porch. She didn't look pleased at all. I opened it to get the sight I never imagined I'd be seeing...

She had brown roots fading into all blonde hair and it was so mesmerizing that she had entranced me with some kind of spell from her natural beauty. She had very basic makeup on and was wearing a sundress that showed off her figure perfectly. Her shoes were sandals and they just went so well with everything else that I couldn't believe my eyes. "I keep getting your mail even though I don't live across the street from you guys anymore so I wanted to bring it by before I got too busy again and spaced it. Also I wanted to say that I am free tonight if you want to hang out or some shit. Bye," she said, not stuttering on a single word.

She was very well spoken at most times but there was something to Ryder that had terrified her or held her back for some reason. I wanted to find that reason out for myself, but I didn't want any trouble for her because of it.