Don't turn around!

A year later, the screams began to fill our minds and both Daemon and I were engulfed in pain and couldn't hardly move on our own. The annual time of year had come and we were afflicted by our supernatural entities. Cassandra stood between both doors, in the hallway, and was struggling to figure out who to help first. Or try to help. She had chains and shackles in her hand and she held the keys in her pocket.

Daemon lay on his bed, sweat dripping onto the pillow laid underneath his head. He was turning paler than normal and she began to worry about his becoming sick. From down the hall, she heard me punch the wall and the door to the bathroom and she hurried to my room. She stood in the doorway, gasped sharply and stared terrified at the sight of blood dripping from the knuckles on my hand. "If you are here to put those on us, I suggest you do so before things escalate worse. They will you know, escalate to a worse point, I mean. There's nothing much you can do to help us, aside from those," I said, pointing to what she still held in her hand. Daemon's scream was becoming increasingly louder as time went on.

It was more painful than anything because of how much it went on and there was nothing to do about it but let it happen. "This is the price for our inhumane nature. For being the monsters we were born to become. The beasts we keep within most of the time," I said. She rushed to Daemon's room and began to try to get the shackle and chains on him but I stopped her before she could get started on it. She was going to do it wrong and I helped her get him contained. "That's how you have to contain us every time this happens to us. If you do any little thing wrong, it could cost you your life," I said. I could sense the fear in her and tried to fix my wording problem, but just left things alone.

I knew she probably understood about us, so there was no point in making sure. There was a split second where I thought she was going to back out of helping us stay confined, but she zoned back to reality. She went to leave and she stopped and said," Yes, I know about you both. I also knew about your mother. I didn't know her but from what I've heard and what I saw, she tried too. Tried to make it work and your father... He's so stubborn. You and Daemon are definitely Victoria and Michael's boys," and she left. I had no words, utterly shocked.

I wasn't sure what to think about this. I pushed it past me and decided to focus on her. On Rhaven. I wondered about her lately because school seemed to be getting to her more and more and she seemed more distant from everyone. Even Wynrie. I understood that I had ignored her so much. Ignored her wants and needs and dreams. Her goals in life. They were so important to her to do before her life ended that I was messing it up for her. I left her feeling alone most of the time, even if I try to make her not feel like that. I let my mind get occupied and things pop up and I make them the first priority before her. Some things can be justified for but alot of them, not.

I felt like such an asshole for treating her this way. Making her feel like she wasn't worth anything to me, no matter how much I show that's not true. The pain began to get increasingly more frequent and painful, that both Daemon and I had unfortunately lost to our beasts and they had been let out. The werewolf in me growled and the vampire in Daemon was roaring loudly a long with me that it felt as if we were going to bring the house to pieces. She quickly closed the door to my bedroom and locked it and did the same to Daemon's room. She stayed in the hallway between the bedrooms and sat against the wall, her hands against her mouth.