I Hate the Retroville Life

4 months ago

The bright light quickly faded after a few moments, allowing Bonnie, Damon and Lexi to open their eyes and look at their surroundings.

"Well that was awfully underwhelming." Lexi deadpanned.

"Huh" Damon said as examined the world around him. "That got awkward fast" He said as he removed his hand from Lexi's. Lexi merely narrowed her eyes at him before sliding her hand from Bonnie's.

"What happened?" Bonnie asked, looking around at the world which looked exactly the same as it did a few moments ago. "Where is everybody?" She questioned.

"Better question-." Lexi said as she looked at the world around her. Damon, as if reading her mind, finished her sentence.

"Where the hell are we?" Damon asked. Bonnie, clearly panicked, proceeded to walk away from Lexi and Damon and out of the graveyard.

"Where are you going?" Damon called out as Bonnie continued walking off. Damon and Lexi then exchanged a confused look before following Bonnie. As the group entered Mystic Falls, Damon reached his hand up and checked his mouth for his fangs.

"Well, I feel a fang. So I'm still a vampire. Either I'm a dead vampire or Mystic Falls is no longer magic-free." Damon said.

"Damon, look" Lexi said as she saw the Mystic Grill very much so intact.

"I definitely blew that up about an hour ago." Damon said, pointing to the grill.

"Why don't we see people?" Bonnie said, "If we are still on the other side we should still be able to see the living."

"I don't think we are on the other side anymore." Lexi said, running her hand through her hair out of stress.

"Where the hell are we?" Damon asked. "And I don't mean geographically." He uttered. 

----------------------------------------------------------

"How many streets are we going to wander down, Bonnie?" Damon asked as he grew increasingly impatient with the lack of answers their wandering had brought.

"How many times are you going to ask me questions I don't have the answer to?" Bonnie snapped. 

"How many times are you guys going to argue over quite literally nothing?" Lexi asked, joining the conversation. After exploring the central part of Mystic Falls last night, Bonnie, Lexi and Damon were now wandering aimlessly around the more suburban areas.

"There is something weird about these cars." Bonnie muttered.

"Yeah. They're all 20 years old or more and they still look brand new." Damon said as he ran his hand over one of the car's bonnet.

"Can't we just steal one so we don't have to keep walking?" Lexi whined, wanting to wake up from this all too real nightmare. "Woah" Lexi said as they stopped outside Elena's old house.

"And that is Elena's not so burnt to a crisp house." Damon said, gesturing to the home Elena burnt down. Damon then picked up the newspaper sitting on the front lawn of the house and sighed before showing it to Bonnie and Lexi. "Look at that" Damon muttered.

"Solar eclipse expected to be seen in all states." Bonnie said, reading the title in bold.

"The date" Damon corrected.

"May 10th 1994" Lexi whispered.

How did this just get even more weird?

 "Are we- that's impossible." Bonnie said, stuttering over her words. As Bonnie finished speaking, the world around them fell into darkness as the moon moved in front of the sun.

"I don't think we should be asking where we are." Damon said, "I think we should be asking when we are."

----------------------------------------------------------

"I wonder if there is any boos in this empty Retroville." Damon said as he swung back and forth on Elena's old porch swing.

"I hope so" Lexi muttered, "I am not in the mood to spend an eternity with a sober Damon Salvatore."

"It feels so weird to be back here. I practically grew up on this porch." Bonnie said, as she sat on the floor in front of Damon and Lexi who were on the porch swing together.

"Alright talk me through it" Damon said.

"Before the other side collapsed" Bonnie started, "My grams said that she made a sacrifice so I could find peace."

"The part where you actually have a theory." Damon said beginning to grow annoyed with the current conditions.

"Well this clearly isn't peace otherwise I wouldn't be stuck here with you." Bonnie said to Damon

"Rude" Damon said, narrowing his eyes at her.

"So, she must have- I don't know- sent me somewhere and when we held hands I took you two with me." Bonnie said, trying to piece everything together.

"Hey maybe its my peace. I am here with two out of three of my best friends." Lexi said. "Who admittedly won't stop arguing." She muttered as Damon and Bonnie continued to glare at each other.

"With none of your 5 soulmates or your dad." Damon said faking a smirk, "Seems like peace if you ask me."

"Fair point" Lexi mumbled, sinking back into the swing.

"Did your grams happen to whisper a safe word in her last breath or a witchy path out of here?" Damon asked.

"No" Bonnie said, beginning to become irritated with Damon's presence, "But if we got here by magic, magic should be able to get us out."

"And that frown that is not upside down is telling me what?" Damon asked. Damon and Lexi then watched as Bonnie failed to light the candle next to the front door.

"You still can't do magic" Damon said, gritting his teeth, "Lexi, now would be your all powerful witchy time to shine." Lexi then rolled her eyes before closing them and visualizing the candle igniting. 

"Well that is somewhat promising." Damon said as the candle ignited, the small bit of hope he was given still be surrounded by the negativity of their situation.

"Or not" Lexi said, not wanting to give them false hope. "If it was Bennett magic that sent us here" She uttered before nervously running her tongue over her bottom lip, "Then my magic is not going to be boarder-line useless when it comes to getting us out of here."

"Well we don't know that it was Bennett magic that brought us here." Bonnie said, trying to be realistic.

"We don't know that it wasn't" Lexi said, beginning to fiddle nervously with her fingers.

"So what you two are saying," Damon said, "Is that there is a fifty fifty chance that we can actually get out of here."

"More of a thirty seventy chance if we are being optimistic" Lexi said.

"The seventy being you can get us out of here?" Damon asked, faking hope.

"Nope" Lexi said, popping the 'p'.

"Of course" Damon muttered as they fell into silence.