Scrub-a-Dub-Dub

"Come on, Elskan." Elijah encouraged as he tested how warm the bath water was.

"I'm never being naked in front of anyone again." Lexi stated simply.

"Never?" Elijah challenged as he came to stand between her spread legs whilst she sat on the bathroom counter.

"Never." Lexi stated as she tried to wriggle away from Elijah's fingers which were now tracing her figure.

"What's wrong?" Elijah asked as he tilted up Lexi's jaw with his fingers. 

"I don't want to talk about it." Lexi mumbled as she dropped her gaze.

"Show me then." Elijah requested as he tugged on the seam of the oversized shirt Lexi was wearing and refusing to take off. Lexi whined before reluctantly helping Elijah slip her shirt over her head. After a few minutes of Elijah examining Lexi's stomach he spoke.

"Elskan, you are so perfect that-" Elijah started before Lexi cut him off.

"You can't see it can you?" Lexi questioned bluntly.

"I have no idea what I am looking for." Elijah affirmed, having no clue what Lexi was referring to. Lexi let out a soft sigh before straightening out her back and moving her hips so that Elijah could see the dark pink lines staining her skin.

"They are gross." Lexi mumbled.

"They are beautiful." Elijah countered as he cupped her face to move her focus from the stretch marks to him, "And so are you."

"Is this some inner animal thing?" Lexi asked skeptically. "Because I fully blame you for these things." Lexi continued as she began removing the rest of her clothes. Elijah narrowed his eyes at her with her last statement. "What?" Lexi started. "You were the one who finished inside me." She mumbled. 

"If I am recalling this correctly" Elijah taunted as he picked her up, "You were the one who-"

"Yep, yep, yeah." Lexi blurted out, cutting him off. "You are recalling correctly." She muttered causing a smile to break out on Elijah's lips before he gently helped Lexi into the bath. "She is going to be such a daddy's girl." Lexi concluded as Elijah slid in behind her.

"You think so?" Elijah questioned, not wanting to admit how much he liked the idea. 

"Yeah." Lexi uttered as she relaxed her body against Elijah's. As Elijah began tracing Lexi's stomach, he buried his face in the crook of her neck. "What is it?" Lexi asked as she felt Elijah suddenly smiling against her skin. 

"Your body is marvellous." He uttered as he traced her body, his mind and inner animal reflecting on his gratitude that the child inside of her was his. "She's going to be so beautiful." Elijah continued, "Just like her mother."

"And like her father." Lexi added as Elijah pressed a series of kisses along her jaw. "He's super pretty too." Lexi teased earning a playful nip from Elijah. 

"You said her." Elijah noted after a moment.

"I did." Lexi confirmed.

"You are no longer calling her an 'it'." Elijah continued.

"When I was saying that she could have been Nik's." Lexi explained, " 'It' seemed like the most inclusive term in case she was a furry." Elijah let out a breathy laugh before pressing another kiss to Lexi's collarbone.

"You're perfect." Elijah mumbled. "Did you know that?" He questioned, still tracing the arc of Lexi's stomach. Lexi hummed at his comment, not entirely believing but knowing that if she said otherwise she would end up with some lecture about her being amazing. 

"Hey, what are we thinking on the names front?" Lexi questioned out of the blue.

"Well what we you like to name her?" Elijah asked as he continued to trail his fingers along her bare stomach.

"I have no idea." Lexi uttered nervously, "That's why I was asking you."

"We'll figure something out." Elijah reassured, picking up on Lexi's anxiety. After a moment, Lexi noticed Elijah's subtle shift in demeanour.

"What are you thinking about?" Lexi asked. Elijah hesitated before reluctantly speaking.

"Her middle name." Elijah mumbled, "I have an idea for it."

"Which is?" Lexi prompted softly, wanting any inspiration for a name but also respecting that there was something Elijah clearly wasn't telling her.

"Freya." He muttered.

"That pretty." Lexi praised, "Why wouldn't we use that as a first name?"

"There has already been a Freya Mikaelson." Elijah explained nervously, "She was our eldest sibling but was taken a plague when we were still mortal."

NOOOOOOOO

that's actually really sad-

wait...

Does that mean I would have had six soulmates-

"I love it, Elijah." Lexi stated as turned to press an awkward half-kiss to Elijah, "But she needs a first name."

"You can select it." Elijah said after pressing a kiss to her shoulder.

"You should not trust me naming anything." Lexi stated as a warning which didn't phase Elijah, "I named my first pet Coachella Atlantis Carter" Elijah muffled his laugh against her shoulder. "I was 14." Lexi continued causing Elijah to bury his face deeper as the situation became more humorous, "And I loved that hamster more than anything."

"Okay." Elijah started, "Maybe run the name past me first."

"I think that's a good idea." Lexi affirmed.

-----------------------------------------------------

"I have narrowed it down to five." Lexi stated as Elijah helped her out of the bath.

"Five what?" Elijah questioned as he wrapped a towel around her body.

"Baby names." Lexi said as she tried to adjust the towel which was covering next to nothing as her stomach made the towel form an awkwardly placed triangle. Elijah hummed, wanting to hear what she was thinking. "So first we have Caitlin, any spelling is acceptable. This name is pretty but probably too common for a Mikaelson." Lexi analysed, "Then we have Isabel, again any spelling is acceptable. This name is super cute and gets bonus points as it can be shortened to Izzy. However, it is quite a common name." Elijah hummed, wanting her to continue. "Then we have Hazel. Less common than the previous two but also quite well-known." Lexi continued, "Furthermore, we have Kiera. This one made the list mainly because it means 'little dark one' which is hilarious to me. It is not very common but is common enough to not be mispronounced. It can also be shortened to 'Kie' which is so cute to me. And the last one is a surprise."

"You have been thinking about this a lot." Elijah noted.

"I didn't want to have another 'Coachella' incident." Lexi said. A smile broke out on Elijah's lips as he pulled Lexi into his arms.

"I love you." Elijah stated, his hand resting on her stomach. "Both of you." He corrected as he traced her stomach.

Daddy- I mean no.