Peter Pessimist :(

"You're in a good mood for the first time in this decade." Bonnie said to Damon as he began whistling. "Stop that." She snapped as the tune began to annoy her. After reflecting on Kai's dramatics last night, Bonnie reluctantly agreed to take him back with them.

"Because I have a hot date with my girl tonight." Damon said. He then turned to Lexi who was walking next to him and asked, "Why are you not in a better mood?" Lexi rolled her eyes, not in the mood to talk about the fact she had just found another one of her soulmates. 

"Assuming Kai's telling the truth." Bonnie said.

"I'm thinking dinner and a movie." Damon said, ignoring Bonnie's remark. "You know what?" Damon said, "Screw dinner and the movie, skip straight to the good part."

"Yeah, and assuming I can so the spell, which I won't know until I see it." Bonnie said.

"Why are you suddenly Peter Pessimist?" Lexi asked.

"Yeah remember the good old days when I was all like, boo, grr." Damon said, imitating his past negativity, "And you were all 'Hooray, hooray! We're getting out of here.'" 

"Look," Bonnie said, "I want to go home more than anything but Kai's a sociopath. Who's to say he won't screw us over?"

"Me. I say." Damon said, "Because I will kill Kai and anyone who comes in the way of me going home."

"I heard my name." Kai said, casually appearing from quite literally no where, "All good, I hope. The eclipse will happen directly overhead. In perfect alignment with the Gemini constellation." Kai then turned to Damon. "You dig into the tunnels below us. We'll do the spell there." Kai said.

"Why?" Bonnie asked.

"Have you never portal-jumped through an eclipse before?" Kai asked sarcastically. "Okay, look, the light of the eclipse will shine down and activate the ascendant. You spout a little witchy woo and then, poof anyone standing in the circle of light holding the ascendant goes home." 

"By 'witchy woo' I assume you mean the spell." Bonnie said. When Kai nodded, proving her statement, she continued speaking, "Let me see it."

"When the time comes." Kai said before walking off.

"Where are you going?" Damon asked.

"Into town." Kai said, "I need to gather some important supplies. Lexi, come with me." Kai then proceeded to walk off and begin whistling.

Ummmm okay then?

As Lexi went to follow him, Damon stepped in front of her to stop her from moving.

"You're not going with him." Damon said.

"Yes she is." Kai said, turning around to face them. Damon then turned to shoot Lexi a warning look to prevent her from going.

"Let's just go home." Lexi said as she went to move past him. "I can take care of myself." Lexi said before she followed Kai.

This can't end too badly, right?

-------------------------------------------------------

"Kai" Lexi started, "Why am I here?" After they left the woods, the pair had fallen into silence and were now walking around Mystic Falls, collecting whatever items Kai decided he wanted to take back with him. Kai let out a sharp breath at her words.

"What will happen to us when we get back?" Kai blurted out. 

"What do you mean?" Lexi asked.

Playing dumb is always the way to go...

not really

"Us?" She asked.

"Come on, Lex." Kai said, "Tattoos appear on your body when I siphon from you, there is the weird connection I have to you, I can actually feel emotions with you and you seem to know what's happening here and won't tell me. So please, if you can't explain what is happening until we get back at least give some idea of what will actually happen to our relationship then."

Damn it

"I don't know what to tell you." Lexi said as she sat down on a bench. "Everything is going to change." She uttered as Kai sat down next to her.

"Like?" Kai encouraged. 

"How good are you at sharing?" Lexi asked hopefully.

"I tried to murder my entire family in an attempt to be the leader of my coven, I am a sociopath and I cut out my twin sister's spleen because she could have tried to take the role I had been working for my entire life." Kai deadpanned, "Is that a trick question?"

"I was hoping sharing could be like your secret talent." Lexi said.

"Absolutely not." 

"Wishful thinking." Lexi said, pulling her knees into her chest. "Are you going to go back to the Gemini coven and seek justice or whatever?" Lexi said sarcastically, worry however being present in her underlying tone.

"Unless you don't want me to." Kai said, "I want to kill my father, hurt the rest of my coven like they hurt me and stab my sister in the back like she did to me."

"That seems like a lot of effort." Lexi said.

"What are you going to do when we get back?"

"Go home." Lexi said, thinking about the Mikaelson Mansion.

"Anyone who you particularly want to see?" Kai asked as he tried to hide the jealousy in his tone at the idea of Lexi being in a relationship with someone in the real world.

"Five people." Lexi said, "Six, technically."

Fucking Stefano

"When we get back, can we put this on pause?" Lexi asked cautiously. Kai's eyes instantly shot up to hers, a mixture of confusion and hurt clear in his expression. "We both clearly have a lot we need to do when we get back and when we continue this." She said, gesturing between them, "I don't want my 5 or 6 people and your coven getting in the way." 

Kai sighed, leaning his back against the bench. 

"Okay" He whispered. "But I'm going to need to do this or else I'm going to go crazy when we get back." Kai said before pressing his lips to hers.