It's Daddy Time

"What is it, Darling?" Kol asked as all of the Mikaelsons and Kai gathered in the living room.

"There's a reason I gathered you all here." Lexi blurted out awkwardly.

Wow... I never would have guessed...

Am I going to start forming coherent sentences now or-

"What is it?" Kol repeated softly, growing increasingly anxious in Lexi's silence.

"I was looking through one of my family's old grimoires- for whatever reason." Lexi started.

Ah yes. Let's pretend I wasn't specifically looking for this exact spell.

"And I found a spell which shouldn't really matter but I thought you might care but that you shouldn't- but you might and I thought we should at least know." Lexi rambled awkwardly, not even forming proper sentences. 

"What did you find?" Finn asked as he took Lexi's hand in his own. Lexi then raised her eyes to hold Finn's, knowing that out of all her soulmates, he was her anchor, emotionally and soulmarkally. Lexi's gaze then dropped to the floor, focussing nervously on a patch of the rug beneath them before she spoke.

"I have a spell which will reveal who the father is." Lexi uttered quietly, knowing that they could all hear her. The room went silent at her words.

As in painfully silent.

"You don't need to say anything now or whatever." Lexi rambled nervously, "I just thought you should at least have the option."

--------------------------------------------------

"We've come to an agreement" Elijah said as he exited the room Lexi had sent him to with the other Mikaelsons and Kai. After Lexi told them that the spell existed, that it was completely safe and reminded them that they'd each get their own kid at some point in the forever their immortality promised, she gave each of them a few hours to process on their own before getting them to talk to each other about it alone, in case her being present affected their decision. 

"We want you to do the spell." Kai stated.

okay...

It's daddy time, bitches.

--------------------------------------------------

"So how does this work again?" Kol asked as he, Lexi, the other Mikaelsons, and Kai sat in a circle on the living room floor.

"You each spill some of your blood onto this surface." Lexi started, running her fingers over the stone platform she had retrieved. "Then I mix in some of mine, work a little witchy-woo and whoever's pool of blood moves towards me, is the father." She explained. As each of Lexi's soulmates processed the spell and what the end result would mean, Lexi's gaze focussed on the stone plate in front of her, her mind contemplating which one of them she thought was most likely to be the father based off her first few months of pregnancy. "Are you sure that you all want to know?" Lexi asked again, not wanting to force them into something which has the possibility to change everything. The Mikaelsons and Kai each exchanged a look before Nik answered on their behalf.

"We do, Love." Nik stated before picking up on Lexi's underlying anxiety and what was causing it. "This won't change how involved any of us are with your pregnancy or how we view the child. It is simply just to know who the biological father is."

They say this now but just wait-

"Okay" Lexi uttered before getting up and grabbing a relatively sharp knife.

Magic paternity test time.

Lexi then passed the knife to Finn who happened to be closest to her in the semicircle her mates had formed. The blade was then passed around the circle until there were fives pools of blood on the stone plate-

Hold up-

5?

Do I not have 6 soulmates?

Lexi then raised her eyes to run over each of her soulmates before landing on one.

Ah

Lesbianism,

The best form of birth control.

Once Lexi realised that Rebekah couldn't technically be the father, she went to grab an empty glass. Lexi then slit her palm, allowing her blood to run into the cup. Her mates watched anxiously as the idea of her being pregnant and injured threatened their inner animals. After a moment, Lexi healed her palm with a chant before adding an equal amount of her blood to each of the five pools. With a short spell, Lexi ignited the numerous candles she had placed around the room.

"Still sure?" Lexi checked as her eyes flickered down to the grimoire in front of her.

"Certain" Finn answered on behalf of his siblings and Kai.

"Final chance to back out." Lexi said as she tried to read the Mikaelsons and Kai's expressions which appeared to have underlying nervousness which Lexi concluded was either a result of not wanting to do the spell or the possible result of the spell. When none of her soulmates objected after a moment, Lexi began to read off the spell.

The melodic lyrics escaped her lips as she repeated the chorus. As the flames of the candles around them began to enlarge, the lyrics of the spell were chanted faster until suddenly,

one of the pools of blood began to move...