Let's Get Out Of Here

"Look's like we got back just in time." Kai said as he saw Bonnie sitting next to the hole whilst Damon was swinging around the pickaxe. Damon quickly sped at Kai and picked up the backpack he had brought back with him. Damon then unzipped the bag and began going through the items.

"Zima, grunge, every Alex Rodriguez rookie card known to man and pager, really?" Damon said, placing the bag back onto the ground.

"Five-five-five-hi-Kai. No way I'm giving those digits up." Kai said.

...Am I supposed to know what that means?

"These were the important supplies?" Damon asked.

"Look, the future sounds great. All right? I'm super excited about the Internet. But 1994 has been my home for most of my life. I'd hate to get homesick."

I am going to have to teach him so much.

"So can we just get down there-" Kai said, gesturing to the hole.

"No" Bonnie said, cutting him off, "We're not going anywhere until you show me the spell." Bonnie said.

"Oookay" Kai said as he placed his hands in his pockets and began smiling at Bonnie whilst rocking back and forth on his heels.

"Are we literally not going anywhere?" Lexi asked.

"Fine." Bonnie said, "You don't want to show me the spell, then you can do it yourself. You want my magic." Bonnie then presented her wrist to Kai. "Take it" She said.

"Bonnie that doesn't seem like a good-" Lexi started but was cut off by Bonnie's pained cries as Kai began to siphon her magic.

Could you imagine how great the world would be if people actually took my advice?

"Bonnie" Damon said.

"It's okay" Bonnie said, "He won't kill me."

"Doesn't look like that from here." Damon said.

"Would you two just get over it?" Lexi asked, trying to figure out a way to get all of them home safely. After a moment, Kai let go of Bonnie, his eyes flickering to Lexi's apologetically.

"He doesn't know the spell." Bonnie concluded. "Which means we don't need him." Bonnie said. Before anyone could say something Bonnie chanted a movement spell, sending the pickaxe Damon had been holding straight into Kai's chest.

"No! No!" Damon shouted as Kai began to sputter up blood before collapsing.

"Oh my God." Lexi whispered as she looked at her soulmate's now dead body.

"Great work, Bonnie." Damon said as he turned away from her. Bonnie, who was slightly hurt by Damon's comment, turned to Lexi for reassurance. Lexi's eyes were still focussed on Kai's corpse as she tried to process what had just happened.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Can you stop? Let me concentrate?" Bonnie asked as Damon emphasized how good whatever he was drinking was.

"On the bright side, this stuff's not so bad." Damon said as he looked at the label on the bottle. "It's fruity."

"Like me" Lexi muttered.

"And fizzy." Damon said.

"Damon, I'm working on something." Bonnie said.

"On the not-so-bright side is you intelligence." Damon said. After Bonnie killed Kai, Damon began drinking away his worries of them not being able to get back, Lexi sat down next to Kai's body as she racked her brain for a resurrection spell and Bonnie tried to figure out a way to bring them back to prove they didn't need Kai. "Because you took the only chance of us getting out of here and turned him into a giant douche kebab." Damon said as he glanced at Kai's body.

"Think about it Damon: What kind of prison gives an inmate a key?" Bonnie asked.

"It that a trick question, or is this stuff actually starting to kick in?" Damon asked. 

"If that's the case I'm going to need you to pass me the bottle." Lexi said, holding her hand out before Damon passed her the bottle. 

"I think the Gemini coven used a Bennett spell to create this place." Bonnie said.

"Because I haven't been saying that all along." Lexi muttered.

"What if that's why my Grams sent me here?" Bonnie said.

"And this is the face I make when I don't understand you." Damon said as he pointed to his face which was now making the most ridiculous expression.

Kill me now

"You know the last thing my Grams said to me was to stay strong. What if that was her way of telling me I had the power to get out?" Bonnie asked.

"I would have asked for clearer advice." Lexi mumbled.

"I have the ascendant, a massive celestial event to draw from." Bonnie said, "Plus a burning desire to get away from you." After a moment, Bonnie returned her attention to the ascendant and began chanting. The ascendant the began to move with her chants.

"That seems like a good sign." Lexi said, standing up and moving towards Bonnie and the ascendant. 

"That's why Kai wouldn't kill me." Bonnie said.

Ah yes.

Kai, my dead soulmate.

"He needed a Bennett." Bonnie said.

"Because that's not an idea that has been mentioned at all." Lexi muttered, growing sick of people not listening to her when she is right. 

"I was his only way out of here." Bonnie said.

"Whoa. Where are you going?" Damon asked as Bonnie moved towards the hole.

"Home." Bonnie deadpanned, "You coming?"

-------------------------------------------------------

"Ah" Bonnie groaned as she pricked her hand with the ascendant. "Okay she whispered as her blood began to drip onto the ascendant. Bonnie then smiled reassuringly at Damon and Lexi before she began chanting. The ascendant the began to move as the light from the eclipse shone onto it. "It's time." Bonnie said as Lexi and Damon moved into the ring of light.

"Alright." Damon said, "Let's get awkward." Lexi then placed her hand under Bonnie's before Damon rested his hand under hers.

"Like this?" Lexi asked, referring to the current positioning of their hands.

"Yeah" Bonnie said.

"I'm sure there are about a billion people you'd rather be here with." Damon said to Bonnie.

"Not exactly" Bonnie said.

Character development <3

"Let's go home-" Lexi started but was cut off by Bonnie's pained groans. Lexi quickly turned to Bonnie and saw an arrow casually sticking out of her stomach.

"Forgetting someone?" Kai asked as he lowered the crossbow he had just used.

I should not have found that attractive.