I Love Scavenger Hunts

A pained groan escaped Kai's lips as his eyes began to open.

"You're awake, good." Damon said as he moved in front of Kai. After Damon knocked out Kai, they took Kai back to the Salvatore residence where he is currently sitting, bound to a chair.

Kai's eyes then began to adjust to the world around him. Once his eyes were able to focus, Kai's eyes landed on Lexi who was currently sitting on a chair behind Damon with her knees pulled to her chest. Lexi's eyes were currently on Damon meaning she hadn't noticed how Kai was looking at her.

"Now for the Q and A portion of the evening." Damon said, snapping Kai's focus away from Lexi.

"Let me guess" Kai said, "I answer right, I get a pork rind. Wrong, I get a poker."

"What? No, no, no," Damon said as he clenched the pork rinds to his chest, "These are for me. You just get the poker."

"Yeah, you don't have to do that." Kai said, looking up Damon with a smile.

"No?" Damon asked.

"Were on the same team." Kai said. Lexi's eyes ran over Kai's body as she tried to figure out quite literally anything about him. As Lexi began to watch Kai's expression, something wasn't right. A strange feeling began to form in the pit of her stomach as she watched him.

"Really?" Bonnie asked, "Do you always try and kill your teammates?"

"The important thing is that you have your magic back." Kai said, "It worked. What, you-? You didn't really think I'd kill Damon did you? In what universe does that make sense? I wouldn't kill one fourth of our population. I'm not a monster. I knew Bonnie would show up. She always comes back. All 13 times. And I knew, with the right motivation, she'd be able to access her magic. Although, I did get a little worried with all you bickering and Lexi being here, that Damon's life wouldn't be enough motivation. But it turns out it was. I guess that's how you two show your love."

"So you did all that just to make sure I'd have my magic?" Bonnie said in disbelief.

"Of course I did" Kai said, grinning at her, "Because your magic is the key to getting us the hell out of here."

"I told you we needed Bennett magic" Lexi said, attracting Kai's attention. The gesture caused there eyes to meet for the first time, causing a familiar sensation to brew in her stomach.

The discovery of a mate b-

NO

I already have 5 mates

There is no way I would have more, right?

Esther did the spell a thousand years ago...

Kai is not that old.

We are not soulmates.

...I think.

"Smart girl." Kai praised, holding their eye-contact.

oh my

Maybe I was wrong- NO

----------------------------------------------------------

"And I broke into the Oval office-" Kai said as Lexi and Damon watched him, "And took a picture of myself at the window, looking all JFK. But then I was like, wait, how am I gonna get these photos developed?"

"Oh, my God." Damon snapped, "Just answer the damn question. How are we going to get out of this Twilight Zone?" After their Q and A session last night, Kai said that there was a list of things he needed. Bonnie, Lexi and Damon then agreed that Bonnie should be the one to gather the items. Now, Lexi and Damon were listening to Kai try and explain how they were going to get out of there.

"I have a question for you first" Kai said.

"Of course he does" Lexi muttered as she took the glass of bourbon from Damon's hand and took a sip. 

"Why do you think we're stuck on a repeating loop of May 10th, 1994-" Kai asked, "Doomed to relive a solar eclipse forever and ever and ever?"

"How the hell should I know?" Damon said, taking the glass back.

"Damon just answer the question. You have said this was you own personal hell everyday for the last four months, why?" Lexi snapped, wanting nothing more than to go home to her mates. 

"I found everything you asked for" Bonnie interrupted as she returned, "Can opener, shower drain, grinding wheel, jam, pocket knife, volume 0 of the encyclopaedia, a nail and a black marker. Now what?"

"Can't show you with my hands taped." Kai said, showing off his wrists which were bound to the chair beneath him.

"Lexi" Damon said, trying to stop her as she got up and unbound Kai from the chair with the pocket knife. 

"Thank you, Beautiful" Kai praised as she freed his wrists.

Holy-

Damon scrunched up his face before he began speaking. "Okay, fine. How is this pile of crap going to get us the hell out of here?" Damon asked, gesturing to the array of objects in front of him.

"I'll explain as soon as you tell me what you did on May 10th, 1994." Kai said, rubbing his wrists.

"What difference does it make?" Damon said.

"So you did do something" Lexi said causing Damon to narrow his eyes at her.

"Put it this way" Kai said, "Bonnie's magic is one part of the equation. My as-yet undisclosed knowledge is the other. Which means you would be hitching a ride home for free. I just want to know if you deserve to come along."

"Why does Lexi get a free ride?" Damon asked, growing increasingly impatient.

"Cause she's hot" Kai deadpanned causing Damon to snap and move towards Kai with the pocket knife.

"Don't kill the man now that we know he can actually tell the truth." Lexi joked as Damon held the knife to Kai's throat. Damon glared at Lexi before ignoring her comment and picking Kai up by the collar.

"Or I could just torture you until you say something useful." Damon said.

"If you torture me, I'll get mad and then I won't want to help you." Kai said before turning to Bonnie and asking her, "What kind of person needs to have that explained to them?"

Damon reluctantly removed the knife from Kai's throat and dropped him causing Kai to chuckle. 

"Play nice." Bonnie scolded.

"Stop trying to impress the new guy." Damon retorted.

"Why don't you just tell him you story?" Bonnie asked. Lexi then began to tune out the pair as her eyes travelled over to Kai's. As soon as their eyes met, a smile broke out on Kai's face. Lexi didn't reciprocate the gesture as she tried to piece together what was happening. 

"Maybe because I don't want to talk about the worst thing I ever did, Bonnie." Damon snapped.

"Ooh" Kai said, his eyes leaving Lexi's as he revisited how annoyed Damon was, "Now I'm listening."  Kai said as he then used his bare fingers to scoop jam from the jar he had just opened into his mouth.

I regret ever thinking he was attractive.

Lexi thought as she diverted her eyes away from the scene before Damon then began to tell the story.