Bourbon Lane

"I can't be the only one who thinks this is a bad idea." Lexi said as she, Bonnie and Damon moved towards where they saw the movement. Her comment was ignored as they arrived arrived at the location.

The group was then confused as they couldn't find the person who had caused the movement.

"Damn it" Lexi muttered as they found the source of the movement.

A tarp flailing in the wind.

"It's just a tarp." Damon mumbled. Before anyone could say anything, the carousel started up again. "And that, that is on a timer." He said, pointing to the device, "It turned on by itself"

Lexi, who could practically script the fight that was about to occur, muttered, "I'm going to get headphones." Lexi then walked to a nearby tech store in hopes of finding headphones of any description to block out Damon and Bonnie's arguing.

After Bonnie and Damon finished fighting, Bonnie stormed off and Damon returned to the grocery store to get more bourbon... because he definitely doesn't have enough of that... 

Whilst Damon gathered bottles of his selected drinks, he heard someone chewing obnoxiously loud. Damon, skeptical of the situation, places the bottles back on the shelf and slowly approached the source of the sound.

"Rough day huh Damon." A man who is seated in one of the outdoor furniture seats said. "Sorry. Manners. I'm Kai. Nice to meet you. Pork rind?" He said, offering the packet he had just been eating from to Damon. The man then continued to chew rather loudly whilst smiling at Damon.

"That is going to have to stop." Damon snapped, already annoyed by this man's presence.

"Oh you think this is annoying?" Kai said, "Mm. Try listening to you and Bonnie bicker every five minutes. I feel so sorry for you friend, Lexi, was it?" As Lexi's name left his leaves, Kai swallowed the feeling that tried to surface.

"So you have been following us?" Damon asked as he tried to analyse Kai.

"Of course I have." Kai started. "You three are the closest thing I have to a tv. I mean, you're now Baywatch- Remember Baywatch?" Kai rambled.

"No I do not." Damon deadpanned.

"Oh, oh man. You got to watch it." Kai said as he continued eating. "You like lifeguards? Like, hot ones? Kind of like L- never mind." Kai said, cutting himself up as a warm feeling began to surface. Damon visibly winced at Kai's words before he began speaking.

"This has been a monumentally bad day in a sea of bad days. So I'm going to need to know who you are, what you are, and how it relates to me- or I'm going to rip your throat out." Damon deadpanned.

"Temper's gonna get you in trouble Damon." Kai said, "It's already driven Bonnie away how many times? Oh wait I know, thirteen. I can't wait till it begin to drive Lexi away." Kai said, being to grow confused by the feeling that was overcoming him.

"You think my temper is bad with them?" Damon said, "I like them. You? Not so much." As Damon finished speaking, he used his enhance speed and strength to pick up Kai by the collar.

"Okay, okay." Kai said, clearly panicked. "Sorry, seriously. I'm just kind of rusty on the face-to-face type human interactions." Kai rambled.

"Answers. Now." Damon demanded, dropping Kai as he began to pace up and down the aisle.

"Maybe you should have a drink. That usually calms you down." Kai suggested.

"Thanks" Damon said as he selected a bottle.

"And makes you angry. And sad. Then calm again. It's a weird cycle." Kai said as Damon unscrewed the bottle. "And look, If you really wanna know the reason I'm following you, it's because I want to kill you." Kai said as Damon took a sip from the bottle. Damon instantly spat out the drink as the vervain burnt and pierced his throat.

"Boom, vervain in your bourbon. Who didn't see that one coming?" Kai said to himself as he picked up one of the umbrellas. "Who even buys patio furniture from a grocery centre?" Kai asked. "I mean somebody must otherwise it wouldn't be here," Kai said. "But now I'm a little unfamiliar with vampires." Kai continued as he broke the umbrella, "But from what I've gathered, a stake to the heart should do it. Right?" 

Kai then proceeded to impale Damon's hand with the makeshift stake. A smile broke out on Kai's face as blood began to pool around the wound. 

"You always fight dirty, Damon." Kai said as he twisted the umbrella, earning a groan from Damon. "Like that time you guys played Monopoly and you stole from the bank. Not cool."

Kai then ripped out the stake causing Damon to grunt in pain before speaking.

"I'm going to rip you head off" Damon threatened.

"No you're not." Kai deadpanned as he smashed all of the shelve filled with vervain spiked bottles of bourbon. 

The liquid quickly began to fry off Damon's skin before it began to enter his blood stream.

"I didn't know which bottle you'd take" Kai said as he positioned the stake above Damon, "So I vervained them all." Just as Kai was about to stake Damon, they were interrupted by Bonnie who had re-entered the store.

"Stay away from him." She said, genuinely fearing for Damon's life.

"Oh good, the useless one is here. Thank God. I've watched you try to do magic for months now." Kai said, "What are you going to do? Fail at me? It's embarrassing. I'm embarrassed for you."

Bonnie then began to channel all of her fear for Damon's life into the candle which was located nearby. Suddenly, the candle ignited under Bonnie's magic.

"Uh oh" Kai mumbled.

"Run" Bonnie said to Damon.

"Phesmatos incendia" She said causing the pool of bourbon around Kai to ignite.

"Okay" Kai whispered as he dropped the umbrella.

"Giving up so soon?" Bonnie asked, tilting her head at him. "I'm embarrassed for you." She said. Damon then came up behind Kai and swiftly knocked him out.

"I'm sorry I called you the most annoying person in the world." Damon said, "I hadn't met him yet."

"What the hell happened in here?" Lexi asked as she re-entered the store upon seeing the smoke. Lexi quickly took note of the unconscious man between Bonnie and Damon who only increasing her confusion. "You know what?" She said, "I'm going to ask later."

(A/N: And I present to you the first few chapters of Gamophobia. It will probably be about a week from now before I upload again. I am also going to try and get back to uploading 4/5 times a week but who knows when that will actually happen. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed these first few chapters.)