I Don't Hate the Retroville Life

"Okay, this is going to have to do." Lexi said, pulling out three packets on instant noodles from the pantry in the Salvatore kitchen. "Unless one of you feels like cooking, Bon Appetit." Lexi said, presenting the packets to Bonnie and Damon before beginning to boil some water. 

The trio had sat on Elena's porch for a few more hours, contemplating how bad their circumstances are, before wandering around the town some more. They then returned to the Salvatore Mansion where they are currently trying to make the best of the food situation. 

"I regret not stocking up on more food in 1994" Damon groaned as he waited for the water to finish boiling. 

Once they finished eating, Bonnie said she was going to go back to her house and would be back in the morning. Damon and Lexi then proceed to sit in front of the fire place and do what they do best, drink bourbon.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Okay" Lexi said as she tried to stand but merely stumbled back against one of the chairs, "I'm going to go crash in one of the spare rooms." Lexi then blinked heavily as she tried to get her eyes to focus on the world around her.

"Don't die of alcohol poisoning." Damon deadpanned as she some how managed to make her way to the spare room which she normally used when staying at the mansion.

"Goodnight" Lexi shouted. "Asshole" She muttered.

"Goodnight, Lex" Damon responded.

 ----------------------------------------------------------

It has been three hours. Three hours since Lexi managed to drunkenly stumble into the guest room. Three hours since she tried to go to sleep without any of her mates for the first time in two years. Safe to say it has not gone well.

The first half hour was Lexi trying to get for bed still tipsy as fuck. The next hour was Lexi trying to fall asleep... still tipsy as fuck. The next hour and a half was sober Lexi realising just how much she missed the Mikaelsons. Now, Lexi was trying to figure out the odds whether or not Damon was still awake. 

"Damon" Lexi whispered shouted as she slowly opened the door to his room, "Are you still awake?"

"And sober" Damon said. "Come on" He said, patting the spot on his bed next to him. Lexi didn't hesitate crawl under the blankets and curl her body around Damon's. "What's up?" He asked, quickly picking up on how she was upset.

"It's my first night without them" Lexi mumbled into his chest, trying to stop him from how upset she was.

"Hey" Damon said as he rolled over and wiped the tears which were currently staining her cheeks. 

"It's fine" Lexi uttered, looking up to stop anymore from spilling. "Do you miss Elena?" Lexi asked, trying to take her mind off of her mates. 

"More than anything" Damon said, lying back down on his bed. "But I can always pretend she's at college." He said, "You can't do that."

"Don't make this about me." Lexi said, lying back down next to him. "I'm trying to take my mind off the Mikaelsons." Damon hummed at her comment, understanding her perspective.

"When was the last time you slept in a bed without a Mikaelson or more with you?" Damon asked. Lexi huffed at his comment, hating how well he could read her.

"Before I moved in with them." Lexi said. "They even gave me my own room to sleep in but even on the first night I couldn't sleep for some reason so I went and snuck into Kol's room in the middle of the night." Lexi said, smiling at the memory. "Even after I had lived with them for about a year, I got in some stupid fight with Nik and to prove a point I said that I was going to sleep in my own room that night instead of his."

"What happened?" Damon asked.

"I snuck back into his room after a few hours and we apologised before we went to sleep." Lexi said, hating how much she had grown to depend on them.

"Come on" Damon said, pulling her closer to his body before she rested her head on his chest and they tangled their legs together. "Is this okay?" He asked. Lexi nodded in response, hoping that she would be able to fall asleep in the new conditions. 

"I have a bad feeling" Lexi said after a moment, knowing that she need to get her thoughts off her chest.

"About what?" Damon asked.

"Things happening in the real world" Lexi said, "I just have this weird feeling that something has gone like really wrong after we left."

"Well there isn't a great deal we can do about it from here." Damon said, "So right now, you need to go to sleep and hope that your soulmates and the remainder of the Mystic Falls gang can handle it. Okay?"

"Okay" Lexi whispered. "Goodnight, Damon."

"Sweet dreams, Munchkin."