To Go or Not To Go Home

"Oregon" Bonnie muttered as she examined the newspaper she had just finished unfolding.

"What?" Damon questioned as he turned to her.

"I've read this paper a thousand times. There is something in it about Oregon." Bonnie said to Damon. Lexi, who was walking behind them in an attempt to stay as far away from Kai as possible, over heard what she was saying.

"What does it say?" Lexi asked, joining their conversation.

"You know how Kai said he had all those brothers and sisters?" Bonnie said as she adjusted the newspaper in her hand. As Damon hummed, confirming that he remembered, Bonnie showed Lexi and Damon the paper before speaking, "'Family massacred in Portland' the only one missing was the oldest boy, a 22-year-old Malachi."

"Who names a kid Malachi?" Kai asked, interrupting their conversation. "It is like they expected me to be evil." Kai continued, turning around to face them.

"All these kids were murdered." Bonnie snapped.

"Hello?" Kai said, "Not everyone died. I had a soft spot for one of my sisters. Otherwise I would have cut her lungs out and not just her spleen."

"What?" Bonnie asked in disbelief.

"You can survive without a spleen." Kai declared.

Good to know?

"Something tells me you're not speaking hypothetically." Damon said.

"Look" Kai said, coming around to stand next to them so that he could see the newspaper right side up. "Well, these two," Kai said, pointing to two of the children whose photos were in the paper, "I, uh, hung, off the stairwell railing." Kai then pointed to another photo next to them, "Then I stuck a hunting knife in her abdomen, and him I drowned in the pool."

How am I meant to react?

"He kept fighting me and I was like, 'I saved you for last you ungrateful little-'" Kai then cut himself off. "Anyways, that was that." He announced. 

"You just killed your whole family?" Bonnie asked, still rather distressed due to the circumstances. 

"Coven to be precise." Kai corrected, "Oh you know, family of witches."

"You've been making her jump through hoops, and you're a witch?" Damon asked.

Bennett magic

"Sort of, yeah." Kai said, " No powers, obviously. Oh and of course the Gemini coven did not take it too well when they heard what I did in Portland. That's why they banished me here."

"This place is a prison." Bonnie said, "They created it for you."

"Yep!" Kai said, "This isn't your hell, Damon. It's mine." 

----------------------------------------------------------

"We are not letting Kai out of here." Bonnie snapped as she stormed back into the house, "He just said he's a serial killer."

"I don't care. I want to get out of here." Damon opposed. 

"How can you not care?" Bonnie said, "Maybe because of all the horrible things you've done? Maybe because killing a bunch of kids is not a big deal to someone who has murdered a pregnant woman? Am I wrong?"

Damon then snapped and continued telling his story of May 10th 1994.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Ouch. Poor nephew-uncle Zach." Kai said with clearly not actually caring.

"Stefan compelled Uncle Zach to forget about the girlfriend and the baby." Damon said, "He couldn't cover up all those murders. The Founder's Council was restarted and Stefan took off. He left Mystic Falls for about 15 years. We both did. And when I saw Uncle Zach again, I remembered that I had ruined everything. So it was a nice relief when I got to kill him. Okay, can we go back now?"