Buzz Off Bex

"Greetings my soulmate's soulmates." Kai cheered as he paraded into the kitchen. 

"Why are you so chipper?" Klaus asked skeptically as he watched Kai prance into the room.

"Well-" Kai began before he paused as he noticed the venomous glares he was receiving. "What?" Kai asked as he turned to Lexi who had followed slowly behind him. Lexi then ran her eyes over each of the Mikaelsons' faces. Somehow, based off their expressions, their reaction to Kai and Lexi completing the bond was about to be worse than anticipated. Lexi quickly chanted a protection spell for Kai which would bring him back to life in case one or all or some of the Mikaelsons decided to take matters into their own hands. 

Rebekah was the first to respond, the glass of blood in her hand shattering as her grip became too strong with her rage. 

I'm getting a strange sense of deja vu.

After Lexi sat down at the kitchen island, ignoring Rebekah's response, Finn came up behind her, his hand wrapping around her waist while his other hand brushed her hair away from her neck. As soon of the skin around her throat was visible, Niklaus let out a dangerous snarl from across the room. Kai then took a few steps towards Lexi, contemplating if the protection spell he had felt her put up may actually come in use. 

Kol then flashed his eyes at Kai, not appreciating how close Kai now was to Lexi. A short huff escaped Lexi's lips as her hopes for the Mikaelsons to be somewhat civilised about her and Kai completing the bond faded from her mind. Lexi tried not to flinch whilst Finn pierced the skin on the side of her neck as he tried to take back some of his claim over her whilst altering the evidence of Kai's presence. 

Kai's composure faltered slightly as he was met with the scent of Lexi's blood and quickly pieced together what Finn was doing. Finn withdrew his fangs after a short moment, the main intention of his gesture being accomplished. As Finn slipped away from Lexi, Kai took a few steps towards her, his inner animal growing increasingly distressed with the new attachment the completed mate bond brought combined with the Mikaelsons' possessive actions. Before Kai could reach Lexi, Elijah stepped in between them, preventing Kai from reaching her. Lexi then gently slid her hand into Elijah's as she pulled him behind her, encouraging him to take Finn's place. 

"Aw, what's wrong?" Nik mocked as he walked towards Kai, "You don't seem quite as cheery as you did a moment ago."

"I will siphon you to death"

----------------------------------------------------

"Come on." Rebekah said as she woke Lexi from her light sleep. "We are going out." Rebekah continued. Over the few weeks since Kai and Lexi completed the bond, the Mikaelsons had somehow become even more clingy and as a result, Lexi hadn't had a chance to leave the premises recently meaning that Lexi was not letting this opportunity pass.

"Yep" Lexi chirped as she sprung from Rebekah's bed, not wanting to give Rebekah enough time to change her mind.

"Here" Rebekah said as she handed Lexi an outfit which she had already selected for her. At any other time, Lexi's inner feminist would have lost her shit at one of her mates choosing what she wore, now she wasn't planning on sacrificing her one chance at some freedom for it. After taking the outfit from Rebekah's hands, Lexi began to get changed, knowing she didn't want to grant Rebekah the time to decide to keep her home and that Rebekah had already seen everything. As Lexi slid on the skirt Rebekah had chosen, her mind had to work overtime in order to suppress the memories of her past experience with Kai. 

"Where are we going?" Lexi asked once she was dressed.

"Shopping." Rebekah stated as she retrieved the credit card Elijah had given to Lexi for all of her expenses which they weren't already covering. When Elijah had initially given Lexi this card, Lexi made a series of jokes revolving around Elijah being her sugar daddy which then resulted in an immobilising session in the red room.