Woof Woof

Holy shit that hurts like a mother fucker.

Lexi's thoughts were interrupted as Klaus continued to tighten the grip on her throat. Lexi whimpered as pressure began to build in her head due to the lack of air she was receiving. As Nik went to heighten the pressure that was pushing her against the wall, Lexi instantly reached her hand up and began trying to pry his fingers away.

Now would be the perfect time for one of the unconscious originals outside to wakeup and save the day.

Lexi wasn't entirely defenceless without her magic but in all of the self-defence courses she had taken, they hadn't exactly prepared her for her attacker to be the original hybrid. As Lexi began to lose consciousness, she held his eyes, hoping that some part of the mate bond would trigger his humanity. 

With no result, as a final form of struggle, Lexi began to claw at Nik's hand, hoping to buy herself some more time.

Nik watched as the claw marks 'Lexi' was leaving formed and healed on his hand. Generally he would enjoy watching his torturer suffer, but something was wrong. He continued watching her struggle, the marks of his hand continuing to form and heal.

Form and heal

Form

Touch

She can touch him

She is here

She is dying

Nik instantly removed his hand as he processed his thought. Lexi dropped from his hold, catching herself on the wall behind them. Her hand quickly reaching up to her throat, trailing over the bruise which was already beginning to form. Klaus, overcome with panic, stumbled back. As Nik's breath shortened into pants, his eyes began to dance around the room, snapping him back into reality.

Klaus' eyes then returned to Lexi's hunched over body, her head slightly raised to watch him. As their eyes met, Klaus picked up on the only emotion in her eyes,

Fear.

She was afraid of him.

Nik's thoughts were confirmed as he listened to her racing heartbeat.

She is here.

He hurt her,

Almost killed her,

Would have killed her.

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

"Nik, it's okay" Lexi whispered, trying encourage his humanity. 

"No it's not." Klaus snapped, flashing his eyes at her. Lexi instantly tensed at the gesture, the terror she had previously been experiencing resurfacing. 

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

She is afraid of him.

And he almost killed her.

As the painful realisation settled in, everything came rushing back. 

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

Nik instantly found himself unable to look at her, unable to look at the torment he had inflicted upon her, unable to bare the pain he had caused his mate. His eyes then sped around the room, trying to focus on anything other than her. As the sound of her uneven breaths and quickened heartbeat filled his ears, Nik turned away from her and dropped to his knees. His hand hovered over the non-existent wound forming in his chest at the pain.

Klaus' breath shuddered as he processed everything that had just unfolded before him. Lexi watched from behind, trying to figure out the safest thing to do. Niklaus then slouched over in pain, the pure and utter agony his inner animal was experiencing causing excruciating physical pain. One of his hands dropped to the floor in order to support his weight whilst the other clenched around his shirt. 

Lexi slowly stood from her slouched position after concluding that his humanity had been switched back on. Cautiously, Lexi began to move towards Niklaus. After a few moments of walking at a significantly slower than average pace, Lexi reached Niklaus. 

Once Lexi swallowed her fear, she lowered her body slightly and softly rested her hand on his back. She instantly felt Niklaus tense under her touch, but there was something else. His shoulders shook whilst his breathing remained uneven.

He was crying.

Lexi's heart shattered at the revelation. She quickly lowered herself further and wrapped her arms around him, her face pressing into his back. Niklaus winced at her gesture, wanting nothing more than for her to never forgive him for his actions against her. After a moment, Nik knew what he needed. 

He slowly twisted under her arms, granting himself the ability to pull her into his lap so that he could hold her. Now, Lexi was sitting side ways on Klaus' lap, their arms holding each other tightly whilst Nik softly nosed at her neck and whispered endless apologises to her.

"Let's go home." Lexi said after a while, "They're outside."

"Who?" Nik asked, loosening his grip enough to meet her eyes.

"Your siblings" Lexi said, taking advantage of Nik not wanting to hurt her anymore then he already had and sliding from his hold. "With their humanities on" Lexi clarified before chanting a spell which healed the bruising around her throat.

"Why was I last?" Niklaus asked as he stood up to follow Lexi who had already begun walking out of the warehouse.

"You were the furthest away geographically and emotionally." Lexi deadpanned before exiting the building, Nik walking quickly behind her.

"Would you look at that." Kol said as he watched Lexi exit the building, Niklaus following closely behind her. "It hasn't even been 10 minutes and Nikki is already back on his leash."

Lexi lowered her head to hide the smile that began to break out as a result of Kol's comment.

And just like that, things are back to normal,

The way they are meant to be.

Or so she thought.