My Favourite Golden Retriever

AH SHIT

Lexi quickly noticed Kol speeding at her before she stilled his movements with a chant. Due to Kol's swift speed and Lexi's not so swift reaction, Kol was stilled only a few feet away from her in contrast to the across-room distance they previously had. Lexi then stumbled back slightly in shock as her heartrate began to quicken even more. 

She then watched as Kol's gaze dropped to his body, trying to figure out why he couldn't move and the quickest way to change that. As Kol continued to assess his situation, Lexi couldn't stop her eyes from travelling around the room which she could now see clearer with the new lighting the she had been granted.

And I thought ripper Stefan was bad.

The walls of the room were coated in blood. The only bodies in the room were the man who Kol had just finished feeding off of and the girl's. Lexi quickly concluded that the other rooms she had previously passed were merely being used as storage rooms.

At least he cares about keeping his space tidy... I guess.

After a moment of evaluating his situation, Kol began to try and move under the spell, wanting nothing more than to end the life of whoever was posing as his dead mate. As soon as Kol began to struggle, it hit him.

The magic flowing through him, it was hers.

How?

Kol then continued to fight the spell, each moment that passed, the more present her magic was inside of him.

It was her. 

She is alive.

Lexi is alive.

His mate is alive.

After one final struggle under the force of her magic, one final confirmation that it was her, one final confirmation that his mate was no longer dead, it all came rushing back.

"Lex" Kol whispered under his breath as he continued to helplessly fight her magic which was only reminding him of the pain he felt when he lost her.

That seemed genuine.

Lexi then chanted, reversing the spell. Before she could even lower her hand which had been raised when she performed the spell, Kol had wrapped his arms around her, pulling their bodies together. He then began to frantically pepper kisses around Lexi's body as his hold only tightened around her. 

"How are you here?" He uttered against her skin as he began to concentrate more kisses around her neck. Kol, completely forgetting where they were and what had just happened, continued his displays of affection as he pushed Lexi back against the wall she had previously almost stumbled into. 

"That is a 5 month long story I can share once we find the rest of your siblings." Lexi said, trying to keep her thoughts family friendly as she remembered his family was standing outside. Kol let out a low groan at the mention of his siblings, not ready to let go of his mate yet. 

He then proceeded to slide one of his hands up the back side of her shirt, allowing him to hold her bare waist. Kol then trailed one of his hands up her body, allowing his hand to cup her face. Lexi's jaw was then tilted up by Kol's thumb before he pressed their lips together, the angle of her mouth allowing him to deepen the kiss quickly. Before the situation could go any further, Lexi pulled away slightly. 

"Kol, we can't" Lexi said, trying to slide from Kol's arms. 

"Why not?" Kol whined.

"1 look around." Lexi said, causing Kol to turn his head and see the current state of the room they were in. Kol huffed, not enjoying the reminder of his life for the last 5 months. "2 Rebekah and Finn are outside waiting for me to drop the barrier spell that is currently up." Lexi continued before taking advantage of Kol's distracted state and moving from his arms so that she could begin walking down the hallway.

Kol swiftly ensured that he was behind her, his arms wrapped around her waist as he mimicked her steps despite his legs being significantly longer. As soon as Lexi opened the door, relief flooded Finn and Rebekah's faces.

"Thank God" Rebekah muttered as she pulled Lexi from Kol's arms, allowing her to pull Lexi into her own hold. Finn was quick to replace Kol's spot, pressing his chest against her back. Kol narrowed his eyes at them before speaking.

"Is that barrier spell still up by any chance?"

--------------------------------------------------------

"What are you doing?" Lexi asked as she readjusted herself so that she could look out of the car window. Kol, who was currently clinging to her side, groaned at the rude awakening. After driving for a few more hours and observing their mate's body language, Finn and Rebekah concluded that they needed to stay somewhere until sunrise.

"Stopping here for the night." Finn said as he parked the car in front of a hotel. He then exited the vehicle before Lexi had a chance to object. Rebekah then exited the passenger side of the car and opened Lexi's door, her hand quickly moving to Lexi's back in order to support Kol and Lexi's weight. As Lexi finally managed to escape Kol's hold, Finn returned with a room key. 

"As much as I love how quickly we got a room," Lexi started, "How are we actually going to get to the room?" 

Rebekah, who was clearly confused by her question, said, "By walking."

"Like this?" Lexi asked, gesturing to her and Kol who both currently dressed in blood decorated outfits with the occasional splat on their bare skin. 

"Good point." Rebekah said before disappearing into the hotel.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Stop wriggling." Kol mumbled into Lexi's chest. Lexi groaned in response as she continued to move under Kol's weight in an attempt to find any sense of comfort. After they arrived at the hotel, Rebekah compelled Kol and Lexi some spare clothes before they all went to the room which Finn had compelled them. 

As soon as they arrived in the room, Lexi quickly picked up on the fact there was only one bed, four people and they weren't in an enemies to lovers or fake dating romance novel. Currently, the four of them were lying in the bed, trying to fall asleep.

Finn and Rebekah were on either side of Lexi whilst Kol lay on her chest. As Lexi's mind was currently flooded with the ideas of what Elijah and Niklaus were currently doing, sleep wasn't exactly coming to her easily. As Lexi yet again tried to adjust her positioning, she realised that Finn and Rebekah had somehow managed to actually fall asleep. 

"Darling" Kol said as he rested his chin on her chest to see her face, "What is wrong?"

"I can't stop thinking about what is happening with Nik and Elijah." Lexi said, unable to meet his eyes. Kol then let out a soft breath before pressing a soft kiss to his mark and sliding one of his hands under her shirt to rest on his soul mark.

"Do you trust me?"

"Of course."

"Then close your eyes and try to relax." Kol said. Lexi was confused by Kol's words by complied. After a moment it all made sense.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Is this better?" Kol asked as watched Lexi's expression, her eyes still focussed on the world around her. 

"What is this?" Lexi asked as her eyes ran over the indescribable scenery in front of her. 

"It is a party trick that all vampires have." Kol said, "We can enter minds to create dreams and scenarios."

"Is that what this is?" Lexi asked, "A dream?" Kol then came up behind her, his arms wrapping around her waist as he rested his chin on her shoulder. Lexi then relaxed in his hold as they continued to watch the scenery.

"Well you're here so it must be."