Epilogue

Lexi POV

To say my delivery was stress-free is hardly the truth. After the most chaotic rush to the hospital, the excruciating revelation that epidural does in fact not work when vampire blood is in the system of the mother was made. This was an unfortunate piece of criteria that I missed on the day leading up to my supernatural birth.

Ouch.

But all was well as I recalled that it was Kol's blood in my system and then, as a result, used his hand as a stress reliever for most of my contractions...

I shattered four bones in Kol's hand that day.

Then, after discovering that supernatural births are in fact more painful than normal childbirth, at the last minute, Lexi Jr decided to use her magic to spell herself inside of me, preventing her birth. Once this whole new level of pain was added, Kai offered to siphon away the magic she was using but was stopped by Elijah who was in total 'inner animal mode'. This basically means that there was a whole lot of hissing and fangs anytime anyone came near me but as soon as we were alone he was all cute, clingy, and working extremely hard to help me through the pain. 

After the additional pain, I was finally able to overpower my unborn baby's spell.

It may or may not have taken me a concerning amount of time to do this... SHE WAS AN UNBORN BABY-

One agonizing delivery later and now I have a daughter... also known as my new favourite person but you can call her Artemis. 

Artemis Freya Mikaelson,

Our little warrior.

Her name is partially because of the Greek goddess of the moon and wild animals, mainly because she fought to stay inside of me.

She picked her favourite parent quickly- I mean love you, Elijah <3

My maternal instincts finally kicked in around half an hour later once Artemis eventually became a normal colour and was clean of all my in-utero barf. I then proceeded to awkwardly cry whilst breastfeeding for the first time because SHE IS SO FRICKIN' CUTE... 

Yes, I have stopped swearing... around Artemis at least...

Elijah and I then spent the next few days obsessing over her. I actually don't think I saw him in a suit until a week after she was born because we were spending way too much time in the nursery with her. 

Once the Mikaelsons and Kai began to let down their insanely overprotective walls which concealed new born Artemis and I from the world, Enzo and Bonnie became her official godparents. If you thought I was actually going to trust one of the Salvatore's with my child, you thought wrong (despite the fact they have become legendary un-biological uncles).

After Artemis hit all of the baby-milestones, Kai and the Mikaelsons returned to exposing me to every experience the world has to offer whilst still safely parenting Artemis. Once she was finally old enough to attend preschool, I finally made the decision to give into the Mikaelsons' recommendation of moving to New Orleans, leaving behind my life in Mystic Falls. Thankfully, I didn't end up leaving all of my friends behind as Bonnie and Enzo decided to come with us to New Orleans.

Once we began our lives in New Orleans, we discovered that the Mikaelsons' older sister, Freya, was in fact alive after all these years. After further investigation, it turns out that Esther had promised that every firstborn Mikaelson would be given to Dahlia, Esther's sister, as payment for the fertility spell Dahlia had done for Esther. As soon as Dahlia came for Artemis I soloed that bitch that the sexy MILF I have become. 

No more payments for that ho.

To say that Freya was intrigued by the idea of her family and me having the strength to overpower Dahlia was an understatement. After A LOT of time spent working to improve their relationship, the Mikaelsons became somewhat acquainted with Freya whilst I became friends with her.

What can I say, it's nice to know a Mikaelson who is not jump your bones at every given moment.

But, finally, once the Mikaelsons accepted Freya as their sister, Freya meeting mini Freya (Artemis) was possibly the cutest experience of my life.

ADORABLE!

As Artemis began the first years of her education at some prestigious preschool Elijah picked out, I finally began my degree of Studio Art at Tulane University with a full scholarship which was surprisingly not compelled to me. 

What do you know. You play the dead parents card, show some half-decent artworks and you get an art scholarship... go me!

After almost a year of living in New Orleans, Enzo finally managed to convince Bonnie to let him take her around the world which, with much persuasion from Enzo and I, she accepted.

When Damon finally proposed to Elena back in Mystic Falls, I was the hottest grooms-wo-man as Stefan took the role of best man.

Frick you Stefano.

Once Damon and Elena had their painfully expensive honeymoon in some paradise-like island near the equator, Damon took the cure to join Elena in her now human life.

Not sure how to feel about that one.

Stefan and Caroline still have their ups and downs but I also work overtime to convince Stefan and Caroline to either break up once and for all or to have one incredible night of passion when they realise that they are unofficial soulmates. 

ANYWAYS-

After I completed my degree, I finally gave Finn, Kai, Nik, Kol, and Rebekah the thing they love in tied first place with me, 

their own children. 

To keep the system fair, I made the call that they would go in order of their age when they were turned (despite Elijah who already has Artemis). Finn was given Jenna Grace Mikaelson. Kai was then given Christopher Thomas Parker. Nik was given Kiera Camille Mikaelson. Kol was given Theodore Henrik Mikaelson before finally, Rebekah was given Alexander James Mikaelson, whose name only takes slight inspiration from his mother, Alexandra Carter.

My little prophecies who, being natural born heretics and the only tribrid, finally ended the conflict between species, bringing peace to the supernatural world.

And that leaves us here, where the story of me, Alexandra Mikaelson-Parker (yes, I got married six times), and my six soulmates ends.

It has been a one glorious ride,

But it comes to an end here,

NO MORE SEQUELS... OR SOULMATES!