Breathing Isn't Important

"Finn, I can't move." Lexi complained as she wriggled under Finn's arms. Finn simply groaned in response as he tried to hold her still with a combination of his arms and body weight. After getting the entire mansion cleaned and redecorated, the Mikaelson siblings returned to what they do best, obsessing over Lexi.

"If you didn't try to move you wouldn't know that." Finn said as he began to softly trail his fingers over his soul mark, knowing how much it affected her. Lexi let out a light huff, hating how well he knew her body. 

"Is it not time to swap?" Rebekah asked, enviously glaring at her siblings. After a heated argument about 'Lexi time', the siblings eventually decided on a rotation. Every hour the siblings would cycle through positions. The positions consisted of being to the right of Lexi, being to the left of Lexi, being on top of Lexi, being under Lexi (in a non-sexual way... kind of) and being on stand by, meaning you had to get food and drinks for Lexi.

Currently, Elijah and Kol were on either side of Lexi whilst Finn was lying on her chest and Lexi's head was resting on Nik's lap. Rebekah, who was on stand by for the first time, was not enjoying the role. 

"Almost" Elijah mumbled against Lexi's hand which he had casually stolen and was pressing kisses to. 

"How long is this going to last?" Lexi asked as she tried to adjust her body's posture. 

"1 minute and 54 seconds" Rebekah answered, glaring at the clock on the wall for not moving fast enough. 

"No, like this" Lexi said, trying to gesture to their positioning but failed as all of her limbs were currently being held hostage.

"Forever" Kol mumbled against her shoulder which he was trying to bury his face in.

"Realistically" Lexi corrected.

"Until June" Klaus said after pondering the question for a moment.

"That's seven months away." Lexi said, tilting her head back to meet his eyes. Klaus merely hummed in acknowledgement as he continued to trace the details of her throat with his fingers. 

"That is when the celebrations in New Orleans have come to a close meaning that you will have 8 months to adjust before the festivities start up again." Nik said, shifting his eyes to meet hers.

"Why are we moving to New Orleans?" Lexi asked, still confused by the conversation they were having.

"Based on recent events it is clear that Mystic Falls isn't safe and New Orleans used to be our home. It seems fitting that we take it back." Nik said. Noticing Lexi's uncertainty, Elijah chimed in.

"At least think about it." Elijah said. "We are not going to force you to go anywhere" Elijah continued, ignoring the glare Niklaus was shooting him. Lexi thought through the idea for a moment before giving a light nod in acknowledgement. Before Lexi could say anything, she was interrupted by Rebekah.

"Time's up. Get off her you testosterone filled leeches."

"REBEKAH"

------------------------------------------------------

Lexi let out a whine as she yet again tried to wriggle out from under the hold of the Mikaelsons. So far it has been just over a week since they returned to the Mikaelson mansion. The last week and a half has been spent in the exact same positioning, four Mikaelsons holding Lexi captive whilst the other provided supplies until they swapped. Lexi, who was growing increasingly displeased with the current circumstances, was trying her best to be patient with them, understanding that their inner animals need to recover... or something like that.

"I need to pee" Lexi complained as she lightly tried to push Nik from her chest.

"Again?" Kol whined as he tightened his hold around her arm. 

"It has been six hours and Nik is pushing on my bladder." Lexi said as she continued to try and pry Nik from her torso. Klaus seemed unfazed by this as he held his position.

"Hold it" Nik mumbled against her skin. Lexi, being the evil genius she is, thought over his words for a moment before she figured out a fool-proof plan to make Nik let go.

"I bet you and your piss kink would love that." Lexi muttered, knowing that as it wasn't true, Nik was going to be outraged.

"What?" Nik snapped, as he practically levitated off her. 

"Seriously?" Kol sputtered out in between his stream of hysterical laughter.

"Must be a dog thing." Lexi said as she took advantage of the sibling's reaction to go to the bathroom. 'I'm sorry' Lexi mouthed to Nik as she walked past him. A pout overtook Nik's expression which Lexi lightly kissed away before disappearing into the bathroom. 

-----------------------------------------------------

"Can I get an expected date that this will end?" Lexi asked knowing that the siblings already knew what she was talking about. After almost a month of attempting to help the Mikaelson's inner animals recover from losing their mate, Lexi was losing her patience in their recovery. It was safe to say, Lexi's return to the land of the living has been nothing like how she had imagined it.

After switching back on the humanities of her mates, her life has merely been a repeating cycle of her being inhaled and used a therapeutic chew-toy.

Not at all what she was expecting.

The Mikaelsons had slowly grown to stop responding to her questions entailing her returning to a threat-filled lifestyle... questions like the one she had just asked. Lexi, knowing that if they actually knew why she was asking, would return to their old normal as soon as possible, continued speaking.

"Can't we at least start adjusting back?" Lexi asked.

"No" Elijah answered.

"Why not?" Lexi asked, tilting her head back to meet his eyes.

"Why would you want to adjust back?" Elijah countered.

"Sex" Lexi deadpanned. Safe to say she had just won this discussion.

"It has been 5 months." Rebekah added.

"Exactly" Lexi said, " I haven't had sex or been bitten in 5 months and I was very prepared to come back for great reunion sex which, for the last month, has been non-existent." A moment of silence fell upon them before Niklaus spoke.

"Bitten?" Nik clarified.

...that was said out loud?

KILL ME NOW

I AM NEVER GOING TO RECOVER FROM THIS

ABSOLUTELY NOT-

"Eh what can I say?" Lexi said, trying to recover from her embarrassment, "Took two years and now I'm sold." The group fell into silence as they began to process the new information. 

"So does being bitten like-"

"KOL"