Just Kidding

Lexi let out an excited squeal as she sprinted across the foyer. As soon as she was close enough, Lexi quite literally leaped into his arms. Stefan instinctively responded by wrapping his arms around her waist, knowing that he needed to support her but if he placed his hands anywhere else he would be murdered. Lexi wrapped her legs around his hips as her arms came to rest around his neck.

"Steffy" Lexi announced, "You're here."

"I missed you too, Lex" Stefan said before noticing the six figures glaring at him. He then nervously retracted his hands, deciding that he wanted to keep his heart in his chest.

"I'm here too." Damon remarked from beside Stefan. 

"Well I haven't seen Stefan in six months." Lexi said as she dropped from his arms. "I saw you non-stop for four months." Lexi continued, reminding him of their time in the prison world. Damon rolled his eyes at the reminder before pulling her into his arms and pressing a soft kiss to her forehead. Lexi then slid from his arms as she heard a combination of growling and hissing from behind her. 

"Well that hasn't changed." Damon muttered as he stepped back from Lexi in an attempt to stop the choir the Mikaelsons had formed. "That has though" Damon said pointing at Kai, "How the hell are you still alive?"

"Damon" Lexi scolded. 

"Ignore him." Stefan said, "He's just upset because Elena hasn't gotten her memories back yet."

"And I'm upset because you have gotten with Caroline yet." Lexi said, "The world works in mysterious ways." Stefan narrowed his eyes at her before he walked away from the foyer and into the kitchen. Lexi, not done with the conversation yet, followed him. "So, what's stopping you and Caroline from getting together because it is certainly not a lack of interest from either party?"

"Why are we talking about this?" Stefan asked as he began to raid the Mikaelsons' fridge. "Why don't we talk about whoever that is?" Stefan said, gesturing to Kai as the Mikaelsons, Kai and Damon followed him and Lexi into the kitchen.

"Not as exciting" Lexi uttered.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Kai asked.

"Means she prefers the old guys." Damon explained.

"That is not what I said." Lexi stated.

"It's what you meant though." Nik said.

"No it wasn't." Lexi whined. "Back to Stefan's thing." Lexi muttered, wanting to change the topic. 

"Or not" Stefan said as he emerged from one of the pantries with two packets of snack sized popcorn. He then handed one to Lexi which she instantly accepted before opening the other packet for himself. Stefan then pointed to Kai before speaking, "So who are you?"

------------------------------------------------------

"Don't turn around" Lexi said as she began sliding off her pants.

"Why not?" Kai asked as he turned around.

"KAI" Lexi exclaimed as she tried to cover her half-naked ass.

"You shouldn't-" Kai began teasing but was cut off by Lexi. 

"Finish that sentence and you will be sleeping on a couch." Lexi declared, "You suck at following instructions by the way." She then continued removing her pants after concluding that she didn't actually care if Kai saw anymore.

"Well I can actually be quite good at following instructions." Kai flirted as he began walking towards her, "It really just depends on the situation." Lexi narrowed her eyes at him before reaching to the seat next to her where she had placed her pyjama shorts. Lexi's movements were stilled as Kai came to her side and rotated her hips slightly, encouraging Lexi to rest her back on his chest.

"Kai-" Lexi started.

"What happened?" Kai asked, brushing his fingers over the top of her leg. Confused, Lexi glanced in the full body mirror Kai had turned her to face and looked where his fingers were. Lexi let out a sharp breath as her body tried to tense and relax under Kai's touch.

"It happened after you completed the transition." Lexi muttered as she looked at Kai's soul mark. Once Kai had completed his transition, half of his soul mark appeared to have been scratched out, leaving half of the butterfly as a tattoo, the other half as scarring where the mark previously was. 

"Will it go back to the way it was?" Kai asked, clearly concerned as his fingers trailed over the damaged half. 

"I guess" Lexi predicted.

"When?"

"When we re-activate the bond" Lexi answered before moving from his hold.

"Not that I'm complaining" Kai started as the arousing memories of when they first activated the bond filled his mind, "but why do we need to re-activate the bond?"

"Because when we activated the bond, that was for when you were a witch." Lexi said, "now you're a heretic."

"So we need to share our blood to activate the bond since I'm technically now a different species." Kai pieced together, causing Lexi to hum in affirmation. "Well I believe in that there is no time better than the present."

"And I believe in not having my body accidentally drained by a newbie vamp." Lexi responded. Kai let out an annoyed huff, his inner animal not liking the idea of his mate believing that he would hurt her. After Lexi slid on her shorts, she walked over to Kai's bed before collapsing.

"You know, there is all this talk of activating the bond, soul marks and the mate bond." Kai started. "But I don't even know what any of that means or what the stages are." Kai continued as he walked to the end of the bed before he began to softly trail his fingers along the inside on Lexi's leg. "Explain it to me." Kai prompted, clearly having other intentions.

"The first stage of the mate bond is the discovery" Lexi explained as she tugged on Kai's forearms, encouraging him to lie on her, "When you make eye contact for the first time."

"When you guys kidnapped me" Kai inferred.

"The second stage is the acceptance." Lexi said, "When I accept that we are mates." Kai then hummed, encouraging her to continue. "The third stage is the activation." She explained, "When you complete your first intimate act."

"When I siphoned from you."

"Then the soul mark appears."

"The butterfly tattoo."

"And the final stage is completing the bond." Lexi said.

"And how exactly do you complete the bond." Kai prompted.

"Well during a 'more intimate act', you mark me." Lexi said, matching Kai's flirtatious energy.

"Mark?"

"Bite"

"Ah" Kai said, faking his realisation. "Like this." Kai whispered as he brushed his fangs over her neck. Goosebumps tingled across Lexi's skin as Kai's fangs grazed her neck.

"Kai" Lexi scolded playfully as she slid out from under him, trying to uphold her previous statement about not re-activating the bond. Once Lexi was standing next to the bed, she looked back down at Kai who was now looking up at her with his best fuck-me eyes. "If this is going to work" Lexi said, gesturing to the room around them, referring to how Kai was now involved in Lexi's sleeping cycle where she sleeps in a different room each night, "You need to keep your thoughts and actions pg-13 until further notice."

"But-"

"I feel like I just said not butts."